The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!

I've read through the BoE instructions for the Walbro install. I've read through forum posts. Yet I want to pull my hair out trying to get the OEM pump out.

I have the two rings loose around the housing. Obviously it looks like you can't remove those rings until the housing is lifted up a bit to clear the vent tube. The housing itself doesn't budge a bit. The housing needs to be pulled up at this point, right? I feel like maybe I am missing a step? I'd appreciate any tips for an 05 fuel pump swap to a Walbro.

I bought the entire housing on BoEs site because I assumed I'd break something. I also cut the access panel a bit bigger per the instructions.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The housing itself doesn't budge a bit. The housing needs to be pulled up at this point, right?

The housing is just that tight against the gas tank hence the reason why BOE recommends getting the extra parts.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I just bought a prybar and I am just going to go to town on it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Drop the tank.
In theory it takes more effort and is a pain in the ass. In reality it takes less time and is easier to work with in the end.

The housings swell and are super locked in.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a complete nightmare. Took many hours of yelling and cussing. I got it out with a prybar and got the walbro put in. I almost wish I had just dropped the tank. Another of many lessons learned during this supercharger install.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If it makes you feel better it probably still would have been hours of yelling and cursing had you dropped the tank, but it would have felt like progress because parts would have been coming off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts