The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know anything on the 2005 yellow/blk elise @ FVMC's new location? 17K miles seems a bit high. any owner history, maintenance history?

thanks in advance.

joe from rockford

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
anyone know anything on the 2005 yellow/blk elise @ FVMC's new location? 17K miles seems a bit high. any owner history, maintenance history?

thanks in advance.

joe from rockford
17K miles seems a bit high? On a three year old car????:shrug:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
i will look into it tomorrow if you send me a pm reminding me...i am forgetful...
i think that is the one i just put brakes and tires on, but i will check and run the history in our computer.

T.J.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hello Joe! We sold this car NEW, it was purchased by a customer in Wisconsin. We did do rear tires for sure TJ. Joe, Call me for more info 630.654.9000 ask for Rick Schneider, you wont be disapointed in the car.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Don't fret 17K miles. That is a good milage point for an 05. If you purchase a pre-owned elise you want the previous owner to have driven it enough to work the gremlens out durring it's warranty period. I personally would be fearfull of an 05 with anything under 10K. Also FVMC has the best service department around, they will know what to look for and they value their reputation far too much to place a car on the sales floor that is not ready for a new owner.

Matthew

·
Registered
4,451 Posts

thanks in advance.

joe from rockford
17K = ~6K miles a year. That's high? This is a Toyota motor, not a Rover. LOL! Buy it :D

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Get it Joe.

Toyota > Porsche (reliability)
Toyota > Volvo (reliability)

You can easily rock 2X the miles on a Toyota motor, it's the other Lotus goodies you have to worry about as time progresses. :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Joe! We sold this car NEW, it was purchased by a customer in Wisconsin. We did do rear tires for sure TJ. Joe, Call me for more info 630.654.9000 ask for Rick Schneider, you wont be disapointed in the car.
Let me second this - Rick Schneider is a very knowledgeable and helpful salesman. Haven't bought mine yet, but when I do, it'll be from him. He's been very honest with me.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Met Bill and Bill Jr. a few months ago and on the east coast, they are one, if not THE BEST dealer to do business with and when you have those types of credentials, buying a car there should be worry free...oh and those 17K miles are nothing to a car like this. I sold a new '05 and a year later customer traded it in with 67K miles :huh:....yeah, no problems with these engines :up:

·
Registered
39 Posts
yellow 2005 elise with black softtop & touring wheels at FVMC/LC

If this is the same car that I saw, it has had paintwork done. (I have an eye for detail)

Stand behind it, look at the rear window, follow it up to where it meets the roof panel... you will see yellow overspray on the black plastic. Plus the engine lid cover is a slighly different shade of yellow than the rear clam.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
...17K miles seems a bit high
3 year old car with 17K miles :crazyeyes

I think most Elise's have very low miles and this starts people thinking that anything over 7K is high..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts