The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an 05 elise on ebay that seller claims never in accident and yet it was painted over completely dark grey from lighter,also an Auction House states this car has frame damage??? It is on ebay for $15,300 as of now,anybody know anything about this car it is in New Mexico?

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
post link.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Think this is the one he's talking about:

Lotus : Elise hardtop convertible Lotus : Elise hardtop convertible | eBay

This car has never been in an actual accident and has never had the airbags deployed ( look carefully at other Lotus' on Ebay to see if the bags have been deployed- it is very hard/expensive to get all the work done to return them to proper condition).
There are NO WARNING/AIRBAG/CHECK ENGINE ETC. LIGHTS ON - everything is ready to drive and I have been driving it daily
It had two 2 to 3 inch cracks at the very bottom of the rear clam (from a tire shredding or from a curb hit, I believe) and so it was branded SALVAGE - incredible, because it was such a small amount of damage.Absolutely no mechanical damage and no paint damage (we spot painted and braced the area around the cracks, and I would say that no one would ever think this car had been in an accident- it is not a perfect car, but not far from it at all, and as I said above, no casual observer would ever notice anything.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
with a frame damage line noted in the history (disputed by the seller), i'd get it professionally looked at, like at a Lotus dealer.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Salvage title?

·
Scott Graham
293 Posts
lol the car's pretty much been in an accident in the photos... the guy parks it right up against the fence!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would just take a hike if there are any doubts, period!! There will never be a shortage of Elises, beleive me!!
Collector's item or not, it is still a depreciating asset given the wrong temparatures / seasons. You can always get one for a reasonable price where both parties walk away with a smile and without feeling abused - you just gotta wait long enough.... At least, that is what I am planning to do - Until I get mine, I will just drive my solara top down...
Cheers!
--njexpress

·
Registered
109 Posts
I contacted the seller directly on this one and they told me that the car is perfect and that I shouldn't worry about little things like the carfax and that if I like the car this shouldn't be a problem... Ya this is all BS on their end

·
Registered
138 Posts
I contacted the seller directly on this one and they told me that the car is perfect and that I shouldn't worry about little things like the carfax and that if I like the car this shouldn't be a problem... Ya this is all BS on their end
Sure - DOn't worry about CARFAX:clap::clap::clap:
The least you want to do is see if it has a clean carfax history! If anything, I have seen accidents missed out of CARFAX...
Cheers!!
--njexpress

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
If you can't get exact details about the car's accident from a trusted source(police report), buying a salvage which costs over $15k is too big a risk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts