The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I be worried if my parking brake light (red indicator) comes on during a turn (can't remember if its left or right)? For some reason it only happens when loading up on a turn in one direction (like I said, can't remember if it is right or left), It seems to flicker intermediately. Yes, my parking break is all the way down and deactivated. I have been doing some 7/10 canyon driving and have not spun out or lost traction due to this. I am wondering if my body is shifting and pushing the console and affecting a sensor/switch/wire (no idea). If anyone has a clue on what may be happening or how to fix it please let me know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Check your brake fluid level. It's probably low. Apparently the sensor in these cars is very sensitive.

·
Addict
1,243 Posts
I'd check your fluid level as well, the light is a brake warring light and not just a handbrake light. The handbrake sensor is also a little flimsy and you might look at adjusting it (bending the tab slightly).

·
Registered
889 Posts
+1 as well for checking the brake fluid level. Before a track weekend, I fill up the level to just super slightly passed the full mark and that quiets the light. Without doing that, mine flickers as well as the fluid shifts more to one side (and away from the level float) during a hard turn (can't recall the direction either offhand).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Exactly this has been happening on my car for a while and I just fixed it last week. Of course, start by checking the brake fluid level and top it off as necessary. I also noticed that one of the two wires plugged into the brake reservoir cap was a bit loose. I made sure that it was plugged in correctly and securely and the light didn't come back on even during a track day over the weekend. Seems safe to assume that the one plug being loose was why the brake light would come on when turning in one direction and not the other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts