The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing Elise Seats in my Esprit.

Vulcan Grey Gallery :: Elise Seats

I'm trying to figure out whether the Elise passenger seat will mount to a driver's side sliding rail, so that I can put that combo together in the passenger area of my car, and still have a sliding pass seat.

Anyone know?

Also I bought the driver's side sliding rail from ExigeS here, but it did not come with the mounting brackets (front or the two side ones). Anyone have those that they might want to sell?

Or another seat rail, driver's sliding or maybe a passenger side fixed rail (with brackets)?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
You could probably use a driver's rail when fitting in the Esprit, but most likely it's a better fit to buy and use an RHD driver's side rail. (on the Elise you must use an RHD driver's seat rail en even then the adjustability of the passenger seat is severely limited because the passenger side of the cabin is smaller than the driver's side)

The rails are not set up symmetrical if you examine them carefully, so I'm not sure if that would cause the seat to sit at an odd angle if you were to use an LHD driver's seat rail on the passenger side in the Esprit.

Bye, Arno.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts