The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

From the completely awful grinding noise when my radiator fans kicked in this past Saturday, it sounds like they've died. I plan to take the front clam off to see the extent of the damage. While I am in there, I plan to replace the stock radiator with an all aluminium one. Finding the fans themselves has proved to be fairly difficult in the states. I want to run this combination by y'all to get opinions.

Radiator - BRW all aluminium: (All Aluminum High Performance Radiator)
Fans - Pro Alloy Top Mount: (Elise / Exige Fan Kit)

I am definitely open to suggestions based on experience. Would those top mounted fans work with the AC still installed? The site seems to indicate it will, but I wanted to see what others thought.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
I just bought the Pro Alloy top mounted puller fans, it’s my understanding that if you maintain the A/C you need the fans on the condenser. In my case, I am replacing the condenser with a pre rad for the charge cooler, so the top mounted fans is the way to go.
PS: I just checked Pro Alloys website, they have changed it with regards to the fans, it now says “With or without A/C” different from the previous site.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you buy the top mounted fans from Pro Alloy directly? I just checked and shipping alone is 200 bucks! Yikes.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Yes I bought it directly from them, I bought the fans and the pre rad, came in one package via UPS, shipping was 80 GBP, so about $100.00 at todays rate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts