The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an aftermarket Kenwood KIV-701 installed in my 05 Elise by the previous owner. As far as I can remember the rear speakers worked just fine in the past but recently I noticed that only the dash spears have any sound coming through them. I have downloaded the manual and can't find any setting that would suggest they are disabled via settings/software. I pulled the unit out of the dash and the wiring, while not exactly pretty, seems solid. I'm working on pulling the speakers and trying to string a multimeter far enough to test from the plug out to the speakers but does anyone have any ideas? I can't find much but it looks like the wires just run straight down and through the center tunnel with the shifter, if there is a break in the line does anyone have any thoughts as to the most likely area where both would be severed? The fact that it's both makes me think it's either a cut somewhere along the lines or an issue with the setup of the unit, but neither is really panning out as I look into it. I'm open to ideas on things to try and next avenues to check.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Aha! Multimeter confirms continuity from the plug to the left speaker, don't feel like pulling the right one to check with the passenger seat in the way. This at least confirms it's not a break in the line which is relieving to me. I guess it's a KIV-701 specific issue. I'm going to dive into the manual again unless someone has some experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts