The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought exige panels from the UK back in June and they finally arrived this month. I have a few pictures of the test fitment/progress.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Jealous, keep us updated, I'm curious to hear how well the pieces fit, and how everything else works out for you, such as headlights etc.

Cool project. :up:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Yeah shooting the subframe with rollbar paint was well worth the $7 to cover the corroded/rough aluminum look of the subframe.

At this point I need to buy hardtop and hatch seals to get proper fitment. I just bought a house in Tennessee as a somewhat last minute/impulse decision so I have to move in a couple weeks and unfortunately this project will be put on hold for a few months.whole misc hardware bits are ordered.

Thinking about a magnetic blue or a dark navy blue color. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it's held up for a few months during the summer. The paint has a couple hundred degree limit. It's made for roll cages and chassis so those parts are often really close to the engine exhaust etc. you should definitely do it since you'll be lifting up your clam and will have to look at the subframe often

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
the engine hatch looks a bit odd, namely the lack of cutouts where the wing would be. These are OEM?

·
Banned
3,239 Posts
Did you also buy the rear window (bulkhead) panel (Behind the roll bar) for the Mohawk scoop?

That a reasonably serious transformation project...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Progress pretty much stopped since I decided to make the move to Tennessee... Now that the weather is warming up I started working on the car again. Here is a shot of it sprayed with primer. I still need to install the mesh inserts, side scoops, and side markers.

·
Sold my Exige S
930 Posts
Primer alone looks nice! My only concern is the asymmetric wheel well gaps. Who was the clam provider in the UK?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts