The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2005 Graphite Grey Elise
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

Like a lot of other people I have been having issues with the alarm going off randomly. After some troubleshooting it ended up not being the microwave as with most people.

Turns out, the little lever for the intrusion sensor in the trunk is way too stiff. It actually has enough springyness to cause my trunk lid to look like its slightly popped up when closed.

Anyone else have this issue and were able to resolve it?

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Glad I came across this which makes so much sense lol. I recently had to replace my 4yr old hydraulic strut with a new one but noticed the new strut bulges the lid more than the old one. Didn't think much about it since it still closes just fine with a little force. Wife and I went out for lunch and my alarm would continue to go off almost every 5mins after turning it off and rearming. Finally just left it off and would look into it later. I am now 99.9% sure this is the issue as I had never had any problems prior to it. Thanks for pointing out the simple and obvious possibility.

Gabe

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I unplugged the connector to my trunk switch (I think it's a normally-closed switch - meaning that the circuit is OPEN when the switch is PRESSED). So, "unplugged" equals "truck closed".

The upside is that the alarm doesn't randomly trigger. The downside is that the alarm no longer triggers if someone opens the trunk.

·
2005 Graphite Grey Elise
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I unplugged the connector to my trunk switch (I think it's a normally-closed switch - meaning that the circuit is OPEN when the switch is PRESSED). So, "unplugged" equals "truck closed".

The upside is that the alarm doesn't randomly trigger. The downside is that the alarm no longer triggers if someone opens the trunk.
I'm having the exact same issue! Where is the connector for the switch?

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I'm having the exact same issue! Where is the connector for the switch?
For me, it was on the underside of the switch (very obvious). But, I've got a 2011 (which has a different trunk lid design), so yours might be different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts