The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Since the blower motor resistor pack is known to die, I replaced it. It was working fine, but no sense it putting the whole thing back together and then having it blow up. A big thank you to rob13572468 for this thread on a DIY pack:
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f313/diy-blower-motor-resistor-pack-replacement-78524/
I made a new one with the recommended resistors and used some thermal tape and screws to fix it to an aluminum heat sink of amazon. Before mounting it, I tested it to ensure I had all speeds working, and it was great. I 3-D printed a small panel to cover up the hole in the blower motor where the pack will no longer be residing.
Did some additional clean up with the air ducting, lubed up any joints, and put some HVAC tape to keep everything as air tight as possible.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Everything then took a long hiatus until about March. I received a new windshield, new shroud, and new ProAlloy radiator/condenser. After trying to remember what I was actually doing 2 months prior, I mounted the radiator, condenser, and fans together loosely, mounted that all to the inside of the shroud, and dropped the whole thing onto the front of the car. Tightened everything up after doing some slight alignments. I believe it was much easier to do it that way then putting them in piece by piece. Reinstalled the HVAC box/blower motor. New hoses for both the heater core and the radiator.

Important note: Once you install the HVAC box, for the love of your own sanity, put rags/towels anywhere you could drop small items in or around the HVAC box. I dropped one of the metal plates for the AC expansion valve and it fell down flat partially under the HVAC box, and I nearly had an aneurysm. Luckily the plate was steel and I fished it out with a magnet, but you do not want to be performing neurosurgery to get get small parts.

I reinstalled some AC tubing. I got new o-rings from Cold Hose, they had a nice #6-#12 variety pack. Always nice to have extra o-rings in case you drop one. Make sure you use the correct AC oil, and lube up the threads and o-rings prior to reassembly. Also, get a new receiver drier and make sure to install that last in the AC system.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
New windshield install in the beginning of June, first time the car was out of the garage in a year.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Front clam is getting painted, will update when it is complete and ready to be mounted.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
All of these photos of the car... but not one of what the truck driver's nose looked like afterwards. ;) I am impressed at how many Lotus owners have truly mastered the art of counting to ten.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts