The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for this post. I ran into my car not starting trying to leave work and this helped me troubleshoot from a different approach. With that being said my fuel inertia switch would not reset and I didnt have my fuel pump prime. I held the button down with an ice scraper and was able to confirm that the pump primes and works. I was not able to get the car started though since my start switch finally went. A previous owner had the better switch already in and its service life is on the way out.(Had to spam the buttion sometimes to get it to start). New parts are on order and I'll add what the outcome is once they are installed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Finally received my parts. My fuel pump now primes just fine and my start button is very crisp. My battery went dead waiting for the new parts but was able to charge it to 12.6v. I still cant get the engine to turn over and after reading a few other posts I'm now onto my starter/starter terminal ends. I know this is my next step because I hooked up my scanner and did a live reading while trying to start the car. My volts dropped down to 12.4 after about 20 minutes of trying different things. One post mentioned putting the car into forth and moving the car to get the starter out of a "dead" spot and start the car. I tried this with 3 different distances and my last attempt had the starter click twice. The other two no avail. Will keep updating progress just in case someone else runs into my version of this issue.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts