The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Our HNTpad was a great solution to help sort out the heel and toe downshift issue that haunts the '05 Lotus. We took them out of production after Lotus fixed the issue in '06. We've been getting inquiries from clients who have recently bought '05s and need help.

Order now: HERE

Now in Stock!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Well I don't need one, I already have one but this is a great product. While I could manage to heel and toe in me 2005 Elise without it, it's so much easier with it. If you've got a 2005 and want to heel and toe this is a great addition to your car. :up::up::up:

·
Registered
56 Posts
We are planning on putting them back into production if we can find enough clients who are interested. Please contact us or place a preorder to get on our list.
Preorder placed as soon as I saw this. :coolnana:

Are you getting close to knowing whether or not this is going to be worth your while?

·
Registered
557 Posts
$150!?!?!? :eek::eek::eek:

wow... I'll just learn to deal with the pedals.
I was skeptical too. I bought one used for like 130 thinking "i'm spending WAY too much on this."

...it wasn't. It's expensive, but it's worth it. it just feels RIGHT now with it. I use it to space the pedals a bit closer together as well as gaining the altitude and it's perfection.

Just figured i'd pipe up 'cause I was a skeptic too. It makes H/T braking completely simple and mindless. I don't even think about it, i just do it.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts

I've got to admit I think it's worth every penny. It's one less thing to distract you from the proper line and looking ahead at the track if you pedals are setup nicely. A flubbed heel and toe down shift can be a costly and dangerous mistake that's easier to make with the pedals in a less than optimal arrangement. This thing bolts on 5 minutes and your done, well worth it in my book:up:

·
Puff Daddy
3,874 Posts

You know the pedals are adjustable right...

Anyway, not to crap in Sectors thread, this is a great product for someone who doesn't want to crawl upside down underneath the dash and mess with stuff under there. :up:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks Shinoo!

I know you had another big batch made with only a handful of us committed to buying them. I just installed mine this morning (took maybe 2 minutes, tops), and took her for a spin. Not only did I feel the HNT Pad was worth every penny, it was the first time that I felt that my car was worth every penny. The dimensions are absolutely perfect and I couldn't be happier. The first downshift was just like stepping into a dream. Keep up the good worth with the wicked, tasty bits. I hope to see you at another LOG in the future.

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
I was skeptical too. I bought one used for like 130 thinking "i'm spending WAY too much on this."

...it wasn't. It's expensive, but it's worth it. it just feels RIGHT now with it. I use it to space the pedals a bit closer together as well as gaining the altitude and it's perfection.

Just figured i'd pipe up 'cause I was a skeptic too. It makes H/T braking completely simple and mindless. I don't even think about it, i just do it.
All right on. I learned to H/T last year. Being able to easily adjust the pedals helped an "old dog learn a new trick". Soooo much fun....

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
i still have no idea how to heel toe or when to do it.
Any tips so I can buy this
Whole idea is to shift into a proper gear while braking. You'll need a lower gear to come out of a turn, and don't want to brake until the last instant, and for as brief a time as possible. So without taking the toes of your right foot off the brake pedal, you use your right heel to "blip" the loud pedal so that the engine speed is already increased when the new, lower gear engages.
There are lots of books and articles.

YouTube - Ayrton Senna's Heel-and-toe

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
Both pedals easily adjustable as well as gas pedal. Unnecessary weight add on!! Haha:panic:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts