The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Starlight Black Elise
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired some new sport seats (the RC Seats that Greg's Raceparts sells), but my original passenger seat runner (part # D120U0005) does not fit.
I was able to get the driver's runner to work after some attachment bracket disassembly/reassembly, but as the passenger runner is all welded, that isn't really an option...

If I try to put the runner on the forward studs first, the rear bracket holes do not line up with the holes in the seat
Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive design Vehicle door Automotive exterior

And if I attach the rear bolts first, there is no way I can get the studs through the front runner holes...
Automotive lighting Fluid Automotive exterior Rectangle Gas

Has anyone run into this before?

·
Administrator
12,659 Posts
I recently acquired some new sport seats (the RC Seats that Greg's Raceparts sells), but my original passenger seat runner (part # D120U0005) does not fit.
I was able to get the driver's runner to work after some attachment bracket disassembly/reassembly, but as the passenger runner is all welded, that isn't really an option...

If I try to put the runner on the forward studs first, the rear bracket holes do not line up with the holes in the seat
View attachment 1318091

And if I attach the rear bolts first, there is no way I can get the studs through the front runner holes...
View attachment 1318092

Has anyone run into this before?
I would contact Greg. He has great customer support and would be first place to look for answers and solutions!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Make sure both backs line up, those are the critical ones. If you're good there, I'd take a file (or drill) and make the bottoms work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After doing to some research I did see that there have been three two revisions to the passenger seat runner over the years since 2005 - A122U0067/A122U0067F and A120B0169/A120B0169F being the current part number. I do wonder if they moved/enlarged bolt holes in these revisions, unfortunately I can't find pictures to compare...

I would contact Greg. He has great customer support and would be first place to look for answers and solutions!
Yeah, Greg was the first person I contacted and he suggested drilling out the holes. I was hoping to not have to drill them out as I have been trying to not do any cutting on parts that originally came with the car.

I am on the hunt for another bracket, in which case I would be comfortable cutting one of them up to make it work.
lotuspartsonline.com emailed me that they see no seat runners in stock anywhere in the US, I am still waiting to hear back from lotusgarage.com, and no luck with Ebay.
I don't have enough posts yet to make a WTB listing in market place here either.

·
Administrator
12,659 Posts
After doing to some research I did see that there have been three two revisions to the passenger seat runner over the years since 2005 - A122U0067/A122U0067F and A120B0169/A120B0169F being the current part number. I do wonder if they moved/enlarged bolt holes in these revisions, unfortunately I can't find pictures to compare...

Yeah, Greg was the first person I contacted and he suggested drilling out the holes. I was hoping to not have to drill them out as I have been trying to not do any cutting on parts that originally came with the car.

I am on the hunt for another bracket, in which case I would be comfortable cutting one of them up to make it work.
lotuspartsonline.com emailed me that they see no seat runners in stock anywhere in the US, I am still waiting to hear back from lotusgarage.com, and no luck with Ebay.
I don't have enough posts yet to make a WTB listing in market place here either.
Three more posts! You're almost there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lotusgarage.com emailed me back with a delivery time of 3 weeks on the latest revision of the passenger runner, so I put in an order for that along with some other stuff I needed anyways.
I will try and remember to update this post with comparison pictures once it gets here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts