The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the Elise since new but not driven much in the summer and more in winter. During the summer after about 20 mins of drive time the fan slows and hot air comes out. You can cut the air off for about 5 mins and it resumes cold air when turned back on and fan speed correct, for again about 20 +/- mins. Freezing my guess, so we moved the thermostate probe to the coldest point, well not it. Anyone have any solutions to this problem???? Tnaks n adavnace..

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
I've had the Elise since new but not driven much in the summer and more in winter. During the summer after about 20 mins of drive time the fan slows and hot air comes out. You can cut the air off for about 5 mins and it resumes cold air when turned back on and fan speed correct, for again about 20 +/- mins. Freezing my guess, so we moved the thermostate probe to the coldest point, well not it. Anyone have any solutions to this problem???? Tnaks n adavnace..
You have the classic evaporator coil freezing. The solution is to replace the thermostat with an electronic one. See here http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f313/improved-c-heating-system-71031/ photo 10.
Michael

1 - 2 of 2 Posts