The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up a salvage elise and have been trying to get it to start in the few weeks i’ve had it while i gather the parts to fix it.
the car didn’t come with a FOB only the key for the ignition so i started out with bypassing the immobilizer which got it to crank but the fuel pump still didn’t kick on. The inertia switch was also triggered but after hitting the switch still no fuel.
i got it to start and run on starter fluid so i know that it’s forsure a fuel issue. checked all fuses as well and none are blown.

i have a new fob on the way and i’m getting the PIN code to sync it as well but i don’t get why it wouldn’t start if the immobilizer was the problem since it should be bypassed. the only thing i can think is that maybe the inertia switch is somehow bad or i have a bad pump/ relay? car only has 40k miles so pump would be my last guess. any insight on something like this? some of the wiring to the rear lights is a little tore up but i don’t see how that would effect the fuel pump wiring.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
When I turn mine on and deactivate the immobilizer, I immediately can hear the fuel pump kick on for a few seconds until the pressure comes up (from sitting in the drivers seat). If you can’t hear the pump come on, then that’s the issue. Either your bypass didn’t activate the pump circuit or something else in the pump circuit is dead. Do you have a wiring diagram?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I turn mine on and deactivate the immobilizer, I immediately can hear the fuel pump kick on for a few seconds until the pressure comes up (from sitting in the drivers seat). If you can’t hear the pump come on, then that’s the issue. Either your bypass didn’t activate the pump circuit or something else in the pump circuit is dead. Do you have a wiring diagram?

yeah definitely no fuel pump noise. i just spliced the fuel pump wires together that are in the immobilizer plug like everyone else does. i’ll try to find a diagram and mess with it tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I might suspect the fuel pump relay. I think it’s on the firewall right in front of the engine. Possibly in a row of 2 or 3 relays.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might suspect the fuel pump relay. I think it’s on the firewall right in front of the engine. Possibly in a row of 2 or 3 relays.

i’m guessing it’s the one next to the ecu?i’ll give it a tap and see if that helps at all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts