The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Exige, polar blue, track and touring, and starshield, with 7.5K miles. I bought it about 3 months ago and I love it. Unfortunately, it is just a little too slow on the top end for the track driving I do.

The dealer has an 07 ExigeS (220 hp). I made the mistake of driving it--wow. I loved it, and think it would solve my lust for more power. The car has track pack, touring, and, important to me, LSD. It has about 4.5K miles

The dealer has offered me 37K for my car against 53K for the S, for a difference of $15K. What are your opinions on this deal

Thanks

Terry

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
here is what you are going to get:

1. Just add a supercharger to yours...use the rest of the money to do the other upgrades that you would want.

2. Go for it!

3. learn to be a better driver with the car you have....blah...blah...blah

4. sell yours first the talk them down on the other one.

·
Banned
874 Posts

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Then what's next? The S will leave you wanting more... then you get an S240... then... and so on and so on and so on...

Skip a step and get an S240 or if you're just using the car on the track get a Cup Car or a 2-11.

You will (almost) always get more from a private sale of your car than trade in from a dealer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is what you are going to get:

1. Just add a supercharger to yours...use the rest of the money to do the other upgrades that you would want.

I don't trust aftermarket supercharger kits that much. Would much rather go factory

2. Go for it!

Maybe, unless consensus is that I'm really getting hosed.

3. learn to be a better driver with the car you have....blah...blah...blah

I could certainly become a better driver, but that still won't solve the problem that the Exige hits an aerodynamic wall at about 125mp, whereas my race car (Porsche 944) sees the far side of 150. Need more speed.

4. sell yours first the talk them down on the other one.
Maybe. Don't know the market, and I's rather avoid the tire kickers.

Terry

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
If you go for a trade get a S240

For the $15,000 you are looking to spend….

I would keep the car you have and go FF270-340 if you don’t mind $12,000 +.

Or get a super charger from Blackwatch or Sector111 and have more then 220hp with either one. Around 6,000 all done if I have it right.

And do a few more modes to make the car a bit more personal.

Kevin

·
Registered
533 Posts
Aftermarket supercharger for $5k, spend the other money you just saved upgrading suspension, wheels, etc.

·
Registered
142 Posts
No Terry No!

Man, now I won't have anybody to play with. Hmmm, wait...

You save the 15k difference and put a Blackwatch supercharger on your car AND my car still saving a couple thousand. See, I'm saving you money.
:shift:

Honestly I wouldn't trade the 06, just go supercharged. If you do the install yourself I'd be interested in helping. If you want it done locally go to Cantrell Motorsports.

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
For $15k you can probably upgrade your car by adding all the parts the 'S has (new injectors, IC, supercharger, etc.) and pick up a new ECU to have the Gotham tune put on it. Pick up a "Mohawk" style roof so you've got better airflow and you'll still probably have money left over, plus more power than the S240 would have.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
891 Posts
I Think is not so difficult to sell private your car at 37.000$ (even at 38.000 $)

Cash in hand makes the rules ..:p

You can easily find an ExigeS around 48-49 k $

So the difference now is not 15k but 10 to 12 MAXimum ...

Otherwise as everybody told you already put an aftermarket kit of Supercharger that will be add you more power than stock Exige S and you will save much money ....

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Well out-of-pocket cost includes taxes..... which on a 49k car can be $4k

1 - 11 of 11 Posts