The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My electric passenger window does not fully close still leaving about 3/16 to 1/4 inch opening, letting rain / water in. The window sounds like it hits a stop perfectly when closed. I have yet to remove the door panel and take a look. Is there an adjustment on the window travel / stop? Any hints would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Steve
St. Louis
'06 Exige Solar Yellow

·
Registered
82 Posts
Once you take the panel off you will probably find that a screw has backed out blocking the ability of the window to do all the way up. That was the case for my car.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Once you take the panel off you will probably find that a screw has backed out blocking the ability of the window to do all the way up. That was the case for my car.
+1
I had the same issue with my 06 Exige. Later, after I fixed it referencing the link above, the drivers side did it too. :shrug: Same fix.

My 07 Exige has never had this problem...yet. :eek:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
search? why didn't I think of that?

...thanks for the help, will take a look at it tonight.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Before taking the entire panel off, roll down the window, and look inside the window slot at the very front, and very back. At the top of that slot inside the door (about 1-2 inches down), you will see a phillip head screw. Try tightening those (front and back). You will need a flashlight to see them. The front one is usually the culprit.

That is what happened to my car on the first day I got it.

Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Before taking the entire panel off, roll down the window, and look inside the window slot at the very front, and very back. At the top of that slot inside the door (about 1-2 inches down), you will see a phillip head screw. Try tightening those (front and back). You will need a flashlight to see them. The front one is usually the culprit.

That is what happened to my car on the first day I got it.

Cheers,
Skottoman
+1

99.9% chance this is your culprit. No need to remove the door panels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My electric passenger window does not fully close still leaving about 3/16 to 1/4 inch opening, letting rain / water in. The window sounds like it hits a stop perfectly when closed. I have yet to remove the door panel and take a look. Is there an adjustment on the window travel / stop? Any hints would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Steve
St. Louis
'06 Exige Solar Yellow
Q Industries
I was thinking it might come from the sensors not realising that the window was into a bad state. Got almost the same situation where my central loking wouldn't lock the car. I got even disconnected the car for about 5 mins, reconnected it and it got ever worst! Take your car to the nearest shop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts