The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The project is complete, and man, what a beast this is!!!

I bought the car as a proper 06 (meaning N/A) with the Lotus Sport ECU, Cup intake, and some other bolt-on bits.

After over a year of driving and loving it in that fashion, I decided is was time for more out of this engine.

The short version here is, I found a guy that removed his stock S/C for bigger and better things, so I picked that up, and called Rob at Dietsch Werks to take on the project.

Aside from a few bits that were not the same N/A vs S/C (breather hose to name one, also had to open up the roof scoop and mount the tubing for flow to the IC to name another) The project was a big success.

For a tune I went with the KoldFire 270.

If anyone is interested in the hurdles that were overcome during this installation, I'm happy to share them. Just let me know. For now, the car is massively more powerful, and a whole lot of fun.

Parts:

Engine before:

Engine after (sorry will take a better shot later, this is a cell phone pict):

Overall I'm massively happy and impressed. I've lost all rear visibility, but.. meh

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats! I would love to here the hurdles you came accross. Im about to do a similar setup diy style.
There were a few, and most of the time on the project was waiting for parts... which we didn't know were needed till the thing was apart. The holiday didn't help with deliveries...

1- breather line is longer on the s/c car, so we needed that ordered.
2- the part that connects the the accordion to the roof is glued from the factory, we had to source one, and then figure out how to glue it down permanently and in the proper position.
3. I believe the alternator had to either be relocated of the mount changed slightly, I'll need to ask Rob for details, but rather than order the other mount, we had the stock one machined.
4. Charcoal canister had to be moved, so the mounting for that had to be ordered.
5. There is a sensor on the I/C that my car was not wired for. It actually can clip in to the harness, if you have the wires. Here Phil from BOE was a big help. I had the sensor (from the previous owner of the car) and Phil buit the wire to just clip in to the factory harness (rather than have to rewire the car).
6. The roof, in retrospect, I should have just looked online for a used 07+roof. cutting it open, was a PITA (for Rob :))

That's what I remember off the top of my head. What is your DIY similar setup going to be?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Overall I'm massively happy and impressed. I've lost all rear visibility, but.. meh

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Rear visibility is over rated, especially now that you are leaving the competition in the dust. :shift:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Biggest issue I want to know about is how are you going to smog it?!

I may have to go to Dietsch again and have him do this to my car.... if it's smoggable somehow!

Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Theoretically smog should be ok, its the factory s/c and i still have the cat installed.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Nice! But I have serious doubts that the KF270 (funny it's 5 more hp than the Gotham) will pass smog. I'm betting you have readiness code issues.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Theoretically smog should be ok, its the factory s/c and i still have the cat installed.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using AutoGuide App
Theoretically it shouldn't pass a visual inspection as the '06's shouldn't have that big ol supercharger sitting on there... Tune may also get you.

I want to do this badly though. Just got burned on a 914 I modded years ago. Cost me thousands to revert to stock to pass smog. GAH.

Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
111 Posts
Unless the person doing the inspection is a big Lotus enthusiast I can't see how it would fail visual inspection. Everyone thinks my car is supercharged.

Cool project Carphoria! :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Nice! But I have serious doubts that the KF270 (funny it's 5 more hp than the Gotham) will pass smog. I'm betting you have readiness code issues.
We deliver both versions... Depending on which state you live in.
No need to doubt. :cool:

Overall I'm massively happy and impressed.
Congrats! Guess that's what counts!
Cheers!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.