The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I have a set of outer LED rear lights,including resistors for sale from my 06 Exige which I have converted to Euro spec lights(I'm located outside US)
The lights are hardly used as the car has only covered 720 miles.

Any interest?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
What kind of price are you looking for?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Hi seight, what exactly did you need to change to get the Euro lights to work? I will probably also need to convert mine when I take the car to Germany. Is it an easy swap, or do you run into issues with the turn signal blinking frequency when converting it from LED to a regular bulb?
Any information would be much appreciated! :shift:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was extremely easy.
I simply removed the old lights, along with the extra resistors(which apparently is needed for the flasher relay to work with LED's)
I then just plugged the new ones in and Hey presto, Euro lights working on a US car, as far as I remember I think there was one of the plug's used on the US light which I didn't use on the Euro light, impossible to make a mistake.
One of the simplest modifications I have done to a car. It took me approx 15min

Hi seight, what exactly did you need to change to get the Euro lights to work? I will probably also need to convert mine when I take the car to Germany. Is it an easy swap, or do you run into issues with the turn signal blinking frequency when converting it from LED to a regular bulb?
Any information would be much appreciated! :shift:

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
It was extremely easy.
I simply removed the old lights, along with the extra resistors(which apparently is needed for the flasher relay to work with LED's)
I then just plugged the new ones in and Hey presto, Euro lights working on a US car, as far as I remember I think there was one of the plug's used on the US light which I didn't use on the Euro light, impossible to make a mistake.
One of the simplest modifications I have done to a car. It took me approx 15min
Thanks for the info. :bow:
I thought it was a lot more difficult than that!
Now all I need is to find the Euro lights and I'm ready to go! :clap:

·
Registered
740 Posts
@Seight
I also need to do this when I return to The Netherlands...
Question: your new (euro-)lights: these are also LED's or normal bulbs?
I thought Lotus used LED's for rear lights both in the US and Europe...I like the look of my LED's much more than the '05 normal bulb tail lights and therefore don't want to go back to normal bulbs.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The light itself contains LED's just as the US version, the difference is the indicator. In the Euro version it is a yellow bulb placed in the center of the light, the rest (brake/rear light) is still LED.

@Seight
I also need to do this when I return to The Netherlands...
Question: your new (euro-)lights: these are also LED's or normal bulbs?
I thought Lotus used LED's for rear lights both in the US and Europe...I like the look of my LED's much more than the '05 normal bulb tail lights and therefore don't want to go back to normal bulbs.

·
Registered
740 Posts
thanks for answer!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Still available?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts