The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
In case you missed this thread: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f23...control-sector-111-29900-free-shipping-68327/. Some guy in Kent is selling a "rebuilt" exige (vin SCCPC11186HL82550).

He claims "The title comes with a remark that states Reconstructed. The first owner was involved in a small accident". Subsequent comments revealed the full extent of the original damage, and the OP was banned.

If you're buying a used lotus locally, be careful out there. At the very least google the VIN for any car you're buying.

I'm guessing the car could have wrecked at Pacific Raceways, original owner might even be known to someone local.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I'm less interested in the car but really hope the driver was ok. That's one of the worst windshield deformations I've seen on the Elise.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really don't think I can trust ebay ads until ebay starts letting people post comments on the ads!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Head lights look good though

·
Registered
186 Posts
i know that 'salvage' title scares a lot of normal people..but there is huge market of salvage pool vehicles totaled for different reasons...
this one looks worse that it really was...(i just digged out and looked at 10 pics of that car from different angles)..
the car was sold in may 2008 at salvage auction .. the guy put probably about 7K to fix it.
i rebuild my lotus and i know how expensive parts are...the car is a race car, which means frame with bunch of plastic panels attached to it...
yes ..it looks bad...but it all depends who fixed the car and how many corners they cut...:shrug:..
only bs i found in the ad was 'Our inspectors found no evidence of any collision damage present on this vehicle':rolleyes:
1. who are the inspectors? state patrol does not take car apart, they just look for replaced parts receipts......you don't even have to drive the car(can trailer it in):crazyeyes
2. previous ad said 'order an independent inspection'...last ad says 'inspected'....by whom???:shrug:
he purchased it for $8-10K...he drove it for 2K miles..
if he owns body shop and does good work it may be nothing wrong with the car...but i would have it inspected by someone who deals with lotuses and definitely have them take front and rear clam off before purchase...before i go :wallbang::wallbang::wallbang:

i use to deal with salvage cars..now it's tuff because nobody wants to finance salvage title cars...you can't realy put value on it....so banks are afraid:confused:
imho if it's fixed properly ..$24K it's OK price

he was lying his ass off about damages so .....no no...he's BANNED now!!!!!

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
i am in the process of getting burned from this guy, any information you can provide me would be very helpful. I have called the # he has posted on ebay as well as the # you posted and no repsonse.
Did you put money down with him? Buy a car from him? :shrug:

·
Registered
409 Posts
I came within an inch of buying this car from him a year ago... Had the money ready to wire.

Do NOT buy this car without flying out there first and checking out the frame. I know you can't be as accurate as GMD, but you can get an idea.

The car was rolled.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Updated the other thread.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts