The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I came across an Elise recently that was an 06, build sept/oct 2005 with non Probax (confirmed). I tried researching to see if that was possibly but couldn’t find anything. Is it safe to assume that a previous owner swapped them out? Or are there known examples of 06 with non Probax?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
'06 with Probax seats...I haven't seen any '06 without.
Build date is Nov 2005.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
215 Posts
Build date on my 06 is September 2005 and I have Probax.

·
Less is Better
2,627 Posts
It's easy to tell an 06 from an 05. Look for a cable driven throttle body vs servo driven.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
It's easy to tell an 06 from an 05. Look for a cable driven throttle body vs servo driven.
Even easier since you won't need the engine lid opened - is to check the tail lights and if its still factory , the '06 is LED.
Also check the throttle pedals and the '05 is very nice looking. The '06 not so much (but I wind up covering mine anyways so I can heel and toe easier).

Reactions: Dadio and me73

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Depending on your exact stature, having the adjustable lumbar ‘05 seat CAN be more comfortable than the better padding of the probax seat, so I wouldn’t be shocked if they’d been swapped out, probably netted a bit of cash, too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Depending on your exact stature, having the adjustable lumbar ‘05 seat CAN be more comfortable than the better padding of the probax seat, so I wouldn’t be shocked if they’d been swapped out, probably netted a bit of cash, too.
That would make sense. Seems like consensus is it didn’t arrive like that from the factory.

·
Registered
720 Posts
My VIN confirmed '06 did NOT come with probax...

·
Registered
720 Posts
Where did you get the idea all '06's have them?

Are you just trying to build post count?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thanks for confirming your 06 doesn’t have probax seats.

All my searches including this forum stated 06 came with probax seats. Which is why I wanted to confirm as I’m on the hunt for one. Yes, per the rules I can not post anything or respond in classifieds unless I establish a post count.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts

This is the first I’ve ever heard of an ‘06 without Probax. How do you know yours are original or not probax? Not saying you are wrong, just trying to see if the common consensus isn’t completely accurate.

·
Registered
720 Posts
My mistake. I was thinking Sports Seats. What's your desire for Probax? They're not all that...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts