The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pictures from the jdm civic type r k20 I installed into my fathers Elise. Im having trouble getting a lot of the photos to upload. It only wants to take some of them and resize them, while saying the others are too large.
He wanted me to do it the way I would for myself, so I rewired the entire rear of the car. He had already had trouble with the main relay, so that was removed and replaced with that little fuse box that takes mini atc fuses and the new automotive relays. I also had to redo the rad fan control relay and the front left headlight ground (the connector) as both were melting. AC and heater are both working and he even had me install cruise control, I took that unit from an early 2000s civic. battery was relocated to the pass foot well in place of the footrest, its a bosch agm with a vent tube for vapors. Oil pan was baffled just in case, as the 2zz died from oil starvation, possibly from hard cornering?

Attachments

·
Registered
877 Posts
You will have a air lock into the cooling tube on the fire wall. It may be good to put on the straight tube a vent line.

Good job

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was a little worried about the two right angles on the rad tube, I imagine thats what youre talking about. Too my knowledge it only overheated once and that was due to a loose cap, but its moving to the Phoenix area with me, about 15 degrees hotter outside temp, as soon as probate is over. Im lookinf into a full aluminum rad before summer. Admittedly Im not sure how to prove it does or doesnt need a vent on that tube, but when I fill it I do so with a vacuum system.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im trying to complete this posting and put all the pictures in. Any questions are welcome. Ive got the pictures set in different folders, so Ill try to do a few separate replies for each category.
This set is finished car, or near completion.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are pictures of the cooling system, rad pipes and heater hoses. The passenger side motor mount, this had to be machined as the kit mount was way off, both other mounts had to be modified, but I could use the original as a base (this was an innovative mounts kit, it did not fit, but was close). The shifter modifications were done as the adapter kit/bracket did not work either and looked like it would definitely add slop. So I made my own bracket and connections, when my father got the car back he said it was tighter than the original (factory). Theres a small bracket for the clutch fluid hose there. Lastly where the honda computer was mounted and the battery relocation, the positive cable is connected to the power distribution stud under the left dash speaker.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are electrical pictures, I was a bit reluctant to put my schematics in there, but if anyone asked for them I doubt Id hesitate, this is my income though. I replaced the entirety of the engine wiring from the firewall back with a new fuse/relay box. Nothing is piggy backed, and all multi-function factory relays are removed, including the radiator fan/ac relay (it let go right after I finished the engine swap, during the drive home from the tune shop I use).

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts