The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 EXIGE S 9:1 PISTONS COMPRESSION? DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA OF HOW MUCH IT SHOULD HAVE HEAD AND DECK OF BLOCK HAVE NOT BEEN CUT.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WELL JUST GO WITH THE ONE THAT WOULD TELL ME PSI

HAS ANYONE PUT 9:1 PISTONS IN A CAR AND PUT A GAUGE ON IT TO SEE WHAT PRESSURE IT READS 155 175 ECT THANKS

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I'm having a hard time understanding exactly what your question is, but I'll suggest the following since I have Mahle 9:1 pistons in my Exige S (07).

Compression tested as follows (190, 185, 180, 190) -- I believe stock 11.5:1 compression test at (210-220 psi).

Does that help?

Rob

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what i am looking for thanks..............any othe people have different numbers i have 155 psi is that to low?

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Thats what i am looking for thanks..............any othe people have different numbers i have 155 psi is that to low?
Depends on your compression tester -- the gauge should be relatively accurate but often the problem is in getting the correct seal.

It's hard to ensure a seal with the compression plug due to access -- suggest you put a little oil on the rubber o-ring and really make sure you twist the heck out of it. If you have one of these extensions it makes the job a lot easier and you should get more reliable readings.

Rob.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts