The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RIP SCCVC11127HL80723...

Driving in the rain at around 35 mph tonight on a curve, got cut off, almost hit by another vehicle. I touched my brakes too hard and oversteered, by the time I corrected I was already drifting into the curb... hit, spun, hit backwards. Car in pieces.

I've got whiplash, a fat lip, and a bruised head, but I'm ok. My friend who was a passenger is ok too.

:(

I don't believe this just happened.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Glad to hear that you walked away.

Good luck with the process of replacing the car.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Glad you and your passenger are okay.

The person that cut you off probably had no idea what happened. :mad:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
no pics uploaded yet... it just happened a few hours ago... thanks for the replies guys...

I can't help but cry for my car... I have her vin memorized. I just put the rear clam back on after installing a GT3 cup airbox. The supercharger sounded like an airplane.

And OW! The brake pedal cut through my sneaker and into my left foot. I put the clutch down and killed the engine before impact :(

Guh... I miss my car so much :(

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Sorry about your car.....take it easy for a few days. Not all injuries are apparant immediately.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Oh man that's terrible. Sorry to hear about your car, but that's what insurance is for. I'm just glad to know that you and your passenger have escaped without major injuries. Hope you're back into a Lotus saddle soon.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RIP Car :(

I hope it'll buff out with some McGuires, some 3M compound on the tough areas, and a little clay bar :(

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and more...

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, and I think the other car DID clip me. My passenger side front turn signal is shattered, and while I can't find the pieces, I found this on the road:

I think it's the foam from under the right side clam, and the adhesive is still sticky, so it's fresh.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
OMG dude, that totally sucks! We just talked about my car being in a mess a couple of days ago. I'm sorry I now have to comment in a similar thread with the position reversed. Glad you're ok though. Car can be replaced. :(.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Looks done,

Glad your ok though thats some carnage. Its like when you see in the old black and white movies, where the cars would have a small bump and totally fall apart into peices :(

sad to here

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It brings me some consolation to post that I went to the tow yard, took off the GT3 air box and filter, the aftermarket battery, my GPS, the aftermarket multivex mirrors, camera mount, and made sure there were OEM replacements in the wreckage... It's essentially OEM now, so the insurance adjusters life will be easier.

I didn't take the aftermarket 5 point harness because the cam fittings were twisted and bent. Holy crap.

Also, someone stole my ipod and aluminum gas cap cover. FML... I don't wanna get my hopes up on getting another Lotus. I have a feeling this is going to be a hard financial blow even with USAA insurance and the 1K deductible. I've tallied up the damage until it reached 35-40K without labor or paint. :(

Thanks for the support, guys.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cost of repairs: place bets now!

I'm wondering if they'll be under $52,000.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts