Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Exige S
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This car is incredible. Unfortunately the Exige doesn't qualify under Canada's lovely Registrar of Imported vehicles program. If only it were 2022 this year... anyway, I digress. The car does have a lien, so the sale will be conducted by an issuance of full payment to the bank, after which the title will be released directly to you.

Price: $46,000
Miles: 47,821 (2020 April 25)

View attachment 1261955
Full set of photo's can be found here: Box

I've had no electrical issues like some folks on the forum have spoken about. No leaks to be spoken of. The car comes with a complete set of service records/receipts.

There aren't many modifications done beyond the necessities, so let's start with what's been added/replaced:
  • Oil line recall completed
  • BOE toe links
  • Baffled oil pan
  • Aluminum radiator
  • Penske SA coilovers (stock Bilsteins included)
  • Odyssey lightweight battery
    • RLS aluminum bracket and shutoff (stock bracket included)
  • Cup air box (stock air box included)
  • 3" hoses routed from the side scoops (stock IC shroud included)
  • Black hex screws on side scoops/access panels (stock stainless included)
  • USB 2-slot plug (stock 12V socket included)
  • Brake calipers painted
  • Blacked-out LOTUS rear letters and gas cap
  • Soft-top compatibility
Additional mentions:
  • Headliner is sagging on both sides, but is otherwise in good condition (no rips, scrapes, etc.)
  • There's a thin gold pinstripe along top edge of front clam, applied by prior owner. I covered with a thin strip of black vinyl and haven't bothered to paint over or remove.
  • Sale includes like-new soft top (seen in linked photo album)
  • Front lip has some spider cracks in it, so I purchased a new unpainted fiberglass replacement. This is included in the sale (see photos)
  • I purchased the gated shifter plate from GRP, but never got around to installing it. This is included (see photos)
  • Sun visors and mirror have been removed, but are included in sale
  • Carbon fiber key from GRP is included in sale
  • Car cover in good condition included in sale if desired
Hope I haven't forgotten anything. If anything else comes to mind or I answer an important question I'll edit the post.

If you have questions, please post in the thread instead of sending PMs so any answers can benefit the group.

Cheers,
Craig

* Update 5/1 - recent common questions answered:
  • Q: How many prior owners?
    • A: 3 prior to my ownership.
  • Q: Is the title branded? (i.e. salvage, etc.)
    • A: No, the title is clean with the caveat of the aforementioned lien.
  • Q: Has the car had paint work?
    • A: No, not to my knowledge. All original Starshield PPF is still on the car.
  • Q: Are there any cracks or spidering anywhere but the front lip?
    • A: No, there are no cracks and there's no spidering on any fiberglass/paint.
  • Q: Does remote lock/unlock function?
    • A: As is common with the Elige, the CDL module is faulty. The lock works, but unlock does not. As such, the alarm is disabled and I use the key for entry.
  • Q: Does heat and A/C work?
    • A: Yes, both work well. As is common, A/C can become anemic with prolonged use.

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
6 Posts
hi, im in vancouver, canada and awaiting for exige's to become available to import. may i ask the build/manufacture date of the car?

if it's 6-months or so away, i may just bite the bullet and let the car sit until i can register

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Exige S
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@rk604 - the production date is 11th May 2007, so you're looking at 2022 to meet the 15-year requirement. You can see this date confirmed on the Certificate of Provenance in the linked Box folder.

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Exige S
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After continued reflection, I’ve decided I’m not ready to part ways with my Exige. The prospect of a sale made me realize I would regret it. Thanks to everyone that expressed interest and wishing you luck in your searches.

@admins @oldmansan would you please lock this thread?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.