The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
The leather covered shifter console on the '08s was nicer than the gray plastic ones on the earlier models too. I owned both an '07 and and '08 S240 - concurrently for almost a year. If you track the car, the AP calipers on the front of the '08 models were way better. I was able to fade the brakes on my '07 at Laguna Seca and had no such problems with the '08 brakes. I then actually purchased the '08 spec AP brakes and put them on my '07 and the problem was solved.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,083 Posts
The leather covered shifter console on the '08s was nicer than the gray plastic ones on the earlier models too. I owned both an '07 and and '08 S240 - concurrently for almost a year. If you track the car, the AP calipers on the front of the '08 models were way better. I was able to fade the brakes on my '07 at Laguna Seca and had no such problems with the '08 brakes. I then actually purchased the '08 spec AP brakes and put them on my '07 and the problem was solved.
I do like the simplicity of just wrapping the shifter console with leather and it is a mod I might do in the future. For the brakes I went a step further and replaced my 07 Exige S brakes on all four corners with the AP Racing 4-wheel BBK. I hope everything is going well for you mavila.

San

21 - 24 of 24 Posts