The Lotus Cars Community banner

07 exige stock fuel tank capacity

3111 Views 14 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  streetthrowback
hey guys, after my last trip to the track back and forth i noticed that everytime i fil up from 0 bars remaining on the fuel guage to full is about 7.7-8.1 gallons

i do have the boe surge tank but that shouldnt affect the stock guage reading the fuel level

doing my research around i see that the stock fuel tank capacity is suppose to be 10 gallons or so, decided to ask you guys on what your average fill ups are?

thanks!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· ** The Enforcer **
7,520 Posts
hey guys, after my last trip to the track back and forth i noticed that everytime i fil up from 0 bars remaining on the fuel guage to full is about 7.7-8.1 gallons

i do have the boe surge tank but that shouldnt affect the stock guage reading the fuel level

doing my research around i see that the stock fuel tank capacity is suppose to be 10 gallons or so, decided to ask you guys on what your average fill ups are?

thanks!
Every chance I get I fill up. I never let the tank get below half full. I don't recommend letting your tank get low, surge tank or not.

San

· Banned
3,249 Posts
I've got an '09 Exige (Cup 260) and I don't fill it until it goes dry on me at the track...and I don't have any surge tanks. I have not filled any less than 40-liters (10.6 gallons) into the tank at the track.

· Cyberdyne Model 101
345 Posts
I have the BOE surge tank and the same thing happens to me. Gas meter says nearly empty and car only takes 7 gallons or so. Not sure why :shrug:

· Registered
2,366 Posts
I fill mine up about 20-40 miles after the light first goes off. It usually takes 8.5-9 ish gallons

· Premium Member
134 Posts
What aschen said. I generally drive it until the light comes on and then put 8-9 gallons in it. I also log my mileage on every tank. (22.5 - 23.5 for regular driving, seen 28-29.5 on long trips) ...

One time I had to choose between stopping for gas and being late, or pressing on with speed; knowing I was good to at least 225 miles on the tank of gas made me comfortable rolling in with 221 miles showing. Afterwards it still only took ~9.8 gallons to fill... its good to know where the limit is!

· Cyberdyne Model 101
345 Posts
What aschen said. I generally drive it until the light comes on and then put 8-9 gallons in it. I also log my mileage on every tank. (22.5 - 23.5 for regular driving, seen 28-29.5 on long trips) ...

One time I had to choose between stopping for gas and being late, or pressing on with speed; knowing I was good to at least 225 miles on the tank of gas made me comfortable rolling in with 221 miles showing. Afterwards it still only took ~9.8 gallons to fill... its good to know where the limit is!
Do either you or Aschen have a surge tank? Seems us with them are experiencing this issue. I'm wondering if its related or coincidence.

· Registered
2011 RGB Exige
308 Posts
I've got an '09 Exige (Cup 260) and I don't fill it until it goes dry on me at the track...and I don't have any surge tanks. I have not filled any less than 40-liters (10.6 gallons) into the tank at the track.
I hope you are kidding. If not, you are proof that all those other posts about fuel starvation causing damage are wrong.

· Registered
2011 RGB Exige
308 Posts
I have the BOE surge tank and the same thing happens to me. Gas meter says nearly empty and car only takes 7 gallons or so. Not sure why :shrug:
Got into a conversation on this with a friend who had a surge tank. It started about how it only cost him like $20 to fill the tank....said he'd never put in any more.

Maybe TurboPhil knows why this is? Seems odd to me....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.