The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, after my last trip to the track back and forth i noticed that everytime i fil up from 0 bars remaining on the fuel guage to full is about 7.7-8.1 gallons

i do have the boe surge tank but that shouldnt affect the stock guage reading the fuel level

doing my research around i see that the stock fuel tank capacity is suppose to be 10 gallons or so, decided to ask you guys on what your average fill ups are?

thanks!

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
hey guys, after my last trip to the track back and forth i noticed that everytime i fil up from 0 bars remaining on the fuel guage to full is about 7.7-8.1 gallons

i do have the boe surge tank but that shouldnt affect the stock guage reading the fuel level

doing my research around i see that the stock fuel tank capacity is suppose to be 10 gallons or so, decided to ask you guys on what your average fill ups are?

thanks!
Every chance I get I fill up. I never let the tank get below half full. I don't recommend letting your tank get low, surge tank or not.

San

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
I've got an '09 Exige (Cup 260) and I don't fill it until it goes dry on me at the track...and I don't have any surge tanks. I have not filled any less than 40-liters (10.6 gallons) into the tank at the track.

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
I have the BOE surge tank and the same thing happens to me. Gas meter says nearly empty and car only takes 7 gallons or so. Not sure why :shrug:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the BOE surge tank and the same thing happens to me. Gas meter says nearly empty and car only takes 7 gallons or so. Not sure why :shrug:
glad to hear im not the only one

is the remaining 3 gallons hidden? :nanner: lol

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I fill mine up about 20-40 miles after the light first goes off. It usually takes 8.5-9 ish gallons

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
What aschen said. I generally drive it until the light comes on and then put 8-9 gallons in it. I also log my mileage on every tank. (22.5 - 23.5 for regular driving, seen 28-29.5 on long trips) ...

One time I had to choose between stopping for gas and being late, or pressing on with speed; knowing I was good to at least 225 miles on the tank of gas made me comfortable rolling in with 221 miles showing. Afterwards it still only took ~9.8 gallons to fill... its good to know where the limit is!

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
What aschen said. I generally drive it until the light comes on and then put 8-9 gallons in it. I also log my mileage on every tank. (22.5 - 23.5 for regular driving, seen 28-29.5 on long trips) ...

One time I had to choose between stopping for gas and being late, or pressing on with speed; knowing I was good to at least 225 miles on the tank of gas made me comfortable rolling in with 221 miles showing. Afterwards it still only took ~9.8 gallons to fill... its good to know where the limit is!
Do either you or Aschen have a surge tank? Seems us with them are experiencing this issue. I'm wondering if its related or coincidence.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've got an '09 Exige (Cup 260) and I don't fill it until it goes dry on me at the track...and I don't have any surge tanks. I have not filled any less than 40-liters (10.6 gallons) into the tank at the track.
I hope you are kidding. If not, you are proof that all those other posts about fuel starvation causing damage are wrong.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Got into a conversation on this with a friend who had a surge tank. It started about how it only cost him like $20 to fill the tank....said he'd never put in any more.

Maybe TurboPhil knows why this is? Seems odd to me....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts