The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering what you guys are ACTUALLY paying for the 07s in this market. I am selling mine and just seem to be getting flaky buyer after flaky buyer. I have had the car "sold" 5times already, only to have the "buyers" back out and avoid me like the plague. I feel like the car is VERY well priced and am amazed it hasnt sold yet.

A very good friend of mine (a lotus "expert") is surprised it hasnt sold as well and would have already purchased it, but he is specifically looking for an isotope green car, so no dice. He suggested that I post on here to find interest, but I would assume that I cant advertise it on here since I am in the business..

Respectfully, I would rather find out if the car is priced accurately from all the experts on here rather than "push a product," so please dont confuse my intentions. This is my first post and am not interested in advertising on the forum - I would really love to know if I have a fair price. I am sure the "serious" buyers for these cars will eventually find my car online.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could post the specs of your 07 S and what you paid for it assuming you got it within the past 6 months. My particular car has every option besides LSD, which I was told by the franchise dealer is a bad option to have because it makes the car uncontrollably twitchy (not sure if this is true or not). Under 5k miles, fanatically maintained by 1 owner, a couple grand in upgrades, a couple minor upgrades (none in performance) and in showroom condition - a true garage queen.

Because these cars are so rare, I am finding it difficult to get an accurate value for this particular car. It is the lowest priced Exige S in the country within the same mileage cars with no issues and no stories. Based on this and the fact that I hear of people buying these cars, I am trying to figure out if these cars are really selling for 5K under the asking prices:shrug:... I have had the car inspected by lotus experts and have a clean bill of health on the car. I did a bit of service work on the car to make sure it is in tiptop shape, but other than that, it was always serviced by the franchise dealer.

Like I said, my phone doesnt stop ringing regarding interest in the car, and it has been "sold" to 5 different parties. I am wondering if these people have been leveraging my price with other parties as a way to negotiate for a particular car they might have in mind rather than seriously pursuing mine. I'm trying to find a very fair price and make someone happy while not getting bent over on my end. Thank you very much for all the help!:bow:

Sincerely,
Jon

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
correct. I would rather not "influence" the responses. I'm more curious what buyers (people that ACTUALLY bought these cars) actually paid, rather than hear speculation and opinions from "potential buyers" or speculations from people that havent actually purchased the cars.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I'd pay 50k. I paid a bit over that 6 months or so ago. I think too many fire sales have made people believe the cars are actually valued at that much, rather than a few sellers that got in over their heads and needed the cash pronto.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Well .....

People looking for them will tell you they are NOT worth anything...

I would check against Cars.com and Autotrader.com, search within 250 to 300 miles of your home for pricing in your area.

you will get many options here, and most, lowballers, many use ebay as the source, so once something sells for cheap on ebay all cars are worth that or less regardless of the many factors.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd pay 50k. I paid a bit over that 6 months or so ago. I think too many fire sales have made people believe the cars are actually valued at that much, rather than a few sellers that got in over their heads and needed the cash pronto.
DOH!!! I wish I had my car 6months ago! Well, If youre in the market for another one, mine is priced well below that, but I dont need to fire sale it.:D Thanks so much for the input!:bow:

Well .....

People looking for them will tell you they are NOT worth anything...

I would check against Cars.com and Autotrader.com, search within 250 to 300 miles of your home for pricing in your area.

you will get many options here, and most, lowballers, many use ebay as the source, so once something sells for cheap on ebay all cars are worth that or less regardless of the many factors.
Yes, that seems to be what I am experiencing with some of the people. Generally, those people dont go past offering me 40k for the car then telling me "they are available EVERYWHERE for cheaper." I havent been able to find one anywhere below my price (unless these people dont know the difference between an S and non-S). Again, thank you very much for your input!:bow:

07 Exige S should be worth about $43K this month
:), Thanks. I would sell the car for that amount. In fact, I just offered it to a fellow forum member for that price today, but he has his mind made up on a green one! He has given me some great insight on the pricing of this car and I appreciate all of the feed back. Thank you Imola54!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
:), Thanks. I would sell the car for that amount. In fact, I just offered it to a fellow forum member for that price today, but he has his mind made up on a green one! He has given me some great insight on the pricing of this car and I appreciate all of the feed back. Thank you Imola54!

I wish I would have waited. Would have saved a ton of cash :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish I would have waited. Would have saved a ton of cash :(
Well, lets just jump in our time machine and go back 6 months so I can save you some money rotfl Take care.

Was this same car for sell back in November? If so I may have some insight.
Not to my knowledge. I bought my car from a franchise Lotus dealer. I would appreciate it if you can PM me the info of the car you are thinking of and I can tell you if my car is the same. Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well, lets just jump in our time machine and go back 6 months so I can save you some money rotfl Take care.

Not to my knowledge. I bought my car from a franchise Lotus dealer. I would appreciate it if you can PM me the info of the car you are thinking of and I can tell you if my car is the same. Thanks!
Will pm you info.

If you weren't the one selling the car though my info doesn't help. At the time I was comparing the car with the one I ended up buying. The car was beat on price, color and mileage. They were the only things that prevented me from buying it. All were very close, price was higher but within $2k, color was second choice to the one I bought, and mileage was only slightly less on the car I bought.

At the time $45-47k was a fair price for less than 5k miles. I would think one at $43k with less than 5k miles should sell within a month or two right now. If I had to sell mine now, that is what I would expect.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I paid high 40s a year ago for mine. ~8k miles

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you so much for the info. I am starting to think that my car is priced VERY WELL again. Thank you for the support. :) Tons of interest, but suprisingly, nobody has actually taken the plunge! I can tell you during my short ownership, there is nothing on the street that can match the performance of this car... Unbelieveable. I can say that my expectations for the car have been far exceeded once i jumped in the driver seat! Nothing but smiles! Before purchasing it, all I had driven was the elise and non-S exige and I can say they dont hold a candle to this car. I wish I could afford to add it to my home garage!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Purchased mine in November of last year. Mag Blue with everything minus Track Pack. Even had a leather center console...First owner never had it titled, so considered new. Had a little over 1000 miles on it and I paid $44,500.The car was (and still is) in perfect condition.

Sal

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I should've waited a year to buy my Lotus.... so many great deals. :(

But it's been money very well spent! :)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I sold my 06 Exige on Lotus Talk. I basically priced it $2,000 below what everyone said it was worth and sold it in 1 week to the first buyer and everything went smooth. I suggest setting a realistic price and putting it on Lotus Talk with some nice pictures. It's also free.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.