The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that the 07+ rear view mirrors were smaller, and according to lotus garage they appear to be:

pre 2007 mirror, 26cm wide: Part #A117U6016F
2007+ mirror, 22cm wide: Part #A120U6009F

Anyone know if the smaller mirror will fit the original pre-2007 plinth without modification?

Thanks

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I heard that the 07+ rear view mirrors were smaller, and according to lotus garage they appear to be:

Anyone know if the smaller mirror will fit the original pre-2007 plinth without modification?
No they will not fit - the plinth (mount) is completely different.

If you want to replace the mirror on an '05 or '06 contact Tesprit for one of his double jointed smaller mirrors. They work perfect. Here's the link:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29786

·
Registered
3,970 Posts

Thanks
According to tesprit, the '07 plinth is different. However, if you want that size mirror on an '05 or '06, tesprit's kit is probably better than the '07 stock one. The mirror that he uses has a double-jointed arm that allows you to move the mirror up towards the windshield header and more out of the way. To me, that was as big a benefit as the smaller size, maybe more.

Here is the thread and post #57 is where he talks about the '07 compatibility with earlier cars.

http://lotustalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29786

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No they will not fit - the plinth (mount) is completely different.

If you want to replace the mirror on an '05 or '06 contact Tesprit for one of his double jointed smaller mirrors. They work perfect. Here's the link:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29786
Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

I looked at Tespirit's solution awhile back (picked up the CIPA mirror, and may have even ordered the adapter from him)... but didn't want the unfinished look of an aluminum block holding my mirror up... I suppose I could mold a shell around it, but I got lazy.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

I looked at Tespirit's solution awhile back (picked up the CIPA mirror, and may have even ordered the adapter from him)... but didn't want the unfinished look of an aluminum block holding my mirror up... I suppose I could mold a shell around it, but I got lazy.
Don't worry about it. The mount on the mirror cover the adapter, it's up high and hidden by the windshield header, and it's behind the mirror where you aren't going to see it even if it was noticeable. Besides, the improvement in visibility and usability of the mirror would be more than worth it.

I've never noticed the mount - it just isn't visible.

Unless of course you are talking about the extra spacer used to clear the hardtop (I don't have a hard top). In that case, paint the block flat black and call it good - you still won't be seeing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts