The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Few Pics of my Painted Body Parts: Also a good shot of my New Kuhmo Tires. Saving the Yokos for the Track :)

1- Gas Door- Black
2- Wing Tips- Black
3- Side Scoops- Black
4- Engine Cover (Not Completed yet).- Black

To be Done this week - Taillight Section like the S240. Matte Black.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Where in NY are you?

Which black paint did you use? Did you do it yourself or did you have a body shop do it. I really like the look.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where in NY are you?

Which black paint did you use? Did you do it yourself or did you have a body shop do it. I really like the look.
I live Rochester, NY. I used Dupont Gloss Black with Clear Coat. I had a friend who owns a body shop do it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now it looks like an '06.
I know but I like the black side scoop look. The S needed some "Side Profile" attention in my opinion :)

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Nice Work.

Getting my 240S soon. Already have all the black bits. Ordered the spoiler not painted, but we will see if they complied.

I know some like all the bits the same color, but my favorite by far is the black bits.

Well done!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Black parts on silver

Been thinking about doing the same, but have held back because I have black stipes down the middle.

Also thought of doing the scoops black with a fade coming forward...

IMHO you need to ditch the stock front splitter and put the S-111 or similar splitter on.
Front view.JPG
Cleans up the lines of the front lip especially if you have no plans on running with a front plate.

This is an old photo, I've replaced the yellow and green front badge with a silver and black. Again cleans things up and keeps it all silver and black.

·
Registered
425 Posts
kind of hard to run around NY with out a front plate.. especially with a car that attracts a lot of attention. i did it for a month or so then got a ticket for it while parked one day.

·
Registered
425 Posts
firstcon, it's looking good.. just don't over do it, tail end might be the finishing touch though..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
firstcon, it's looking good.. just don't over do it, tail end might be the finishing touch though..
Thanks, Besides the Rear Tail Section the only other part was the front splitter. I agree and I dont want to over do it.:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts