The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've been busy sorting out a recently acquired 2007 Exige with some older modifications: ForceFed header; VF exhaust; cat delete; RC 550cc injectors; larger A2A intercooler; custom(?) 3" intake/MAF housing; pulley; and (I think) fuel pump. The primary issue is that it's running very lean which I'm trying to remedy.

I'm leaning toward sending in the ECU to BOE for a tune after refreshing parts with their recipe, but noticed the ECU number is not one I recognize. Anyone seen this model before? This is a US car, BTW.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
2,062 Posts
Hard to tell where that sticker is located from the photo but it's normally located by right connector.

·
Administrator
2,062 Posts
You are correct but since the car was previously modded you just never can tell what you've got. I would check the body and backside maybe after it was tuned someone hopefully wrote down details. I would call Ashley and or Andrew at BOE and inquire if they even deal with tunes on turbos anymore. Seems there was a recent post where Andrew turned down a similar request.

·
Administrator
2,062 Posts
Pardon me for some reason I was thinking you had turbo

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,214 Posts
That is a Lotus Sport ECU, it was available from Lotus, it makes extra HP and TQ.

·
Administrator
2,062 Posts
I know that when I got my tune last year I did have to buy their CAI in order to get the tune as the parameters of the tune required it and I seem to remember somebody having issue with the tune and he had a non ITG setup.

·
Lotus Technician
105 Posts
That may be the issue of you running lean depending on how it is flashed. That ECU was meant for naturally aspirated cars, and was sold as an accessory. The Black, Lotus Sport T4E was introduced to lower cam change over points. Was never introduced for supercharged models. It could have been reflashed, but you will need to see the program ID to know for sure.

Good luck!!
T.J.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very helpful, thank you!. All I could fine online was the other Sport ECU, ALS3M0244F. Looks like I may need to swap/sell this one if it cannot be reflashed.

·
Administrator
2,062 Posts
I would think as long as it's working on your car now that it would be able to be flashed. Just email [email protected] or call Ashley or Andrew. Richard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts