The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found an Aux input for $19 to plug into the Ainet interface on the back of the factory Alpine head unit. Only problem is that I have no idea how to route the Aux cable out of the dash once plugged in. Before I start tearing the car apart, does anyone have an suggestions for me? The dash is pretty well sealed up inside. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Only problem is that I have no idea how to route the Aux cable out of the dash once plugged in. Before I start tearing the car apart, does anyone have an suggestions for me?
I ran an AUX input to my JVC deck. The question is, where to you want to put the AUX input?

For me, I set up an AUX input was a stereo jack that connected to the RCA plugs on the deck. The stereo plug is back by the cupholder between the seats, so I can plug my Zen in and stick it in the cupholder. To do this, I ran the wire from the back of the deck towards the passengers door. Working through the little panel that hides the alarm system brain, I was able to thread the wire through a small hole (I should note that the hole was small enough that I had to cut off the stereo jack to feed the wire through). At this point, the wire is under the dash. From there, I ran it with the other wiring looms to the center of the car, through the center foot divider, through the shift boot, up the rear wall and into the cup holder. A little solder to put the stereo jack back on and I was good to go.

-Brad

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.