The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll start actively shopping for an Exige in the next few weeks. With the economy in the toilet, the credit market tight and 09s on the way, any thoughts about what kind of discount from the approx. $70K MSRP on a new '08 I can reasonably hope for?

Informed opinions are appreciated, although half-baked speculation will also be considered.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
I'll start actively shopping for an Exige in the next few weeks. With the economy in the toilet, the credit market tight and 09s on the way, any thoughts about what kind of discount from the approx. $70K MSRP I can reasonable hope for?

Informed opinions are appreciated, although half-baked speculation will also be considered.
'09's being on the way will probably have little/no impact. Most dealers probably won't order any for inventory...most will be by order only.

As for '08's, you can get discounts on the leftovers, which they all are. It really all depends on how motivated the dealer is to get it/them out of inventory.

Don't know that it's comparable, last summer I got a leftover 07 S, brand new, from a dealer for about 25% off MSRP, and got a stage II and first service thrown in. That dealer has no leftover 08 Exiges, and does have a couple 08 Elise's, I believe.

You probably can't get too picky on color/options if you want them to deal, taking what's on the lot will always get you the biggest concessions. Otherwise your dealer will have to do some horsetrading with other dealers to find you a car you want.

good luck!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Yea - tough question.

lotusforsale has a good point. I doubt too many dealers will actually order 09s, which in my opinion will begin to make these cars rare (any year) and finally perhaps stabilize the falling prices.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
last summer I got a leftover 07 S, brand new, from a dealer for about 25% off MSRP, and got a stage II and first service thrown in.
That's helpful. The car I'm interested in has been sitting on an east coast dealer's lot for months, along with two others, so presumably they're motivated. A 25% markdown, if attainable, is nothing to sneeze at.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
25% of msrp last summer. Was this really late summer.

Its hard to believe you bought a NEW 07 for $48k-52k.

If you did kudos. Thats one helluva of a deal.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
25% of msrp last summer. Was this really late summer.

Its hard to believe you bought a NEW 07 for $48k-52k.

If you did kudos. Thats one helluva of a deal.
Indeed, it was a helluva deal.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
With the economy in the toilet, the credit market tight and 09s on the way, any thoughts about what kind of discount from the approx. $70K MSRP on a new '08 I can reasonably hope for?
...i doubt you can expect to pay much below MSRP for a new exige unless the dealer's desperate and willing to take a loss; 2009 S240s are invoicing for not much less than that...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'll start actively shopping for an Exige in the next few weeks. With the economy in the toilet, the credit market tight and 09s on the way, any thoughts about what kind of discount from the approx. $70K MSRP on a new '08 I can reasonably hope for?

I have 2 Exige S240's at my dealership, Boardwalk Lotus in Redwood City CA, that are still available. Storm Titanium, Phantom Black. Both equipped with the same options. If you are interested in getting one of these i have left, shoot me an email. :nanner:

Sebastian Pereira
Boardwalk Lotus
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Yea - tough question.

lotusforsale has a good point. I doubt too many dealers will actually order 09s, which in my opinion will begin to make these cars rare (any year) and finally perhaps stabilize the falling prices.

I hear that all the time... when were the prices unstable? That's what new car's do, depreciate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts