The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

08 "high RPM tell tale"?

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Mag 
#1 ·
is it normal that that shift light works only when traction control is turned off?

#7 ·
yea when I turn off the traction control, the tell tale rpm works fine. As described in the manual, the lights will come on at max rpm, when the ecu thinks one should change gears, and time adjusted (have had it come on earlier when hard driving).

but when the traction control is ON, that means automatically everytime the car is started, there are no pretty lights. Will follow this up with the dealer. thanks

#8 ·
That is just goofy if that is how it is supposed to work.

This was made out to be a new feature (which is true) but seems kinda gimmicky if you can only get it to work in those conditions. So Lotus and whomever came up with this new dash thought they would put in a couple of extra lights just to work when you turn off the traction control - which, as you pointed out, isn't how it defaults. Bizarre :thwack:

#9 ·
My download of the service manual includes the 2008 MY addendum... there is an explanation of how the three RPM tell tales work, but it says nothing about being disabled with T/C on or off.

So I'd guess that your RPM tell tales aren't working properly...

#10 ·
well, took the car in. they said it works at around 7500, and sure enough it does, but i could have sworn I took it to 8k before.

in either case, the shift light still isnt behaving as it does when the LCT is turned off. Im guessing now that this has to do with warning the driver earlier where power to speed nears situations where there may be loss of traction. a bit distracting... I hope this is it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.