The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Don't know the car but started in TX then FL then Puerto Rico then back to FL before coming to CA

·
Registered
949 Posts
Was considering going to check it out, but no power in the verse could get me to buy a yellow car, so I decided it'd be a waste of time :p

Also just FYI - they listed it as a "no-haggle" price, so I'm assuming that's $43800 firm (+taxes and stuff).

·
Registered
977 Posts
That car has been on the market for a while as well. I'm pretty sure I saw it back in November or December when I started keeping close tabs on the market (I was selling mine), if not earlier.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,731 Posts
I looked at that car (not in person) in early February. The salesman didn't want to budge below 52k at the time making it out of my budget... I told him it was over priced too! Guess I was right!

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
It also does not have the "s" above the side light like all of the 240s I have seen (including mine)...

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
If it does check out it seems like a decent deal

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
i checked it out a month ago. the car would not start on the first crank. the car would not idle correctly. hunting idle, after it wouldnt idle at all. the interior is very beat up. the photos on there make it look a lot better, unless they have since had the stuff fixed. scrapes everywhere on the inside. the carpet in the trunk is falling apart. those 5000 miles have been a very hard 5000 miles.

it was 48K when i looked at it a month ago, but the sales guy told me to make an offer. i didnt want to insult him, so i walked.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I looked at that car (not in person) in early February. The salesman didn't want to budge below 52k at the time making it out of my budget... I told him it was over priced too! Guess I was right!
It's been on AutoTrader well below $52K before February. I believe it was in the $44-45K range on AutoTrader when I first saw it, which I'm pretty sure was back in November or December of 2011. Your salesman was being an @$$. I just bought an A5 and had another couple of bad experiences with salesmen. Car shopping should be fun and guys like that make it a PITA.

·
Registered
24 Posts
dude, it sure seemed like it had more miles. i can't imagine a car being that beat with that low of mileage. on closer inspection of the pictures on that site, you can see all of the scuffs and so forth. nasty.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
dude, it sure seemed like it had more miles. i can't imagine a car being that beat with that low of mileage. on closer inspection of the pictures on that site, you can see all of the scuffs and so forth. nasty.
I agree. There is something off about the whole car.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
5k miles? I guess what happens in Puerto Rico, stays in Puerto Rico.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great input, I was considering this car from a neighboring state and can now rule out doing a ppi.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts