The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Wondering if decrease in value will allow a low mileage s240 to be purchased 50-52k by spring of 09'? Just wondering what you guys think the market will do as i'm wanting to pay for most of the car and planning a budget based on timeframe. Thanks :shrug:
Why not go for a brand new 2007 Exige S for btwn $51K to $56K depending on options? Now is a very good time to buy an '07; they even have virgin cars sitting at the port.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Why not go for a brand new 2007 Exige S for btwn $51K to $56K depending on options? Now is a very good time to buy an '07; they even have virgin cars sitting at the port.

+1 on the 07 leftovers, they're really trying to push them it seems

how much better is your s240 then the exige s you had? I'm sure I could search but you're right here right now

·
Registered
431 Posts
There's a total of 6 cars at port however, it's not available for sale to the public as it's put aside for something else.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I wanted a 240S and an 07 Exige was never on the table despite the lower cost.

Here is what I have observed.

There seems to be very few 08 240S Exige's. I assume Lotus is only sending ones they think they can sell, unlike prior years.

09 will probably have more power.

A wide body kit may be available at some point.

Exige value's plummet, but perhaps not as bad as an Elise. Can't understand why except perhaps my / our taste and appreciation of Lotus is very micro and most Americans could care less about them.

Other Lotus dealers have already pulled out and if the Eagle doesn't take off (I think it will) their days in the US will probably be numbered.

You will never get any hint from Lotus and probably little from your dealer.

·
Registered
788 Posts
What did he do? :shrug:
Looks like he bought a 240, as opposed to buying an 07 Exige S, which would make sense since he already had and sold an Exige S.

OT, but Stephen, it would be cool to hear your comparison of the 240 to the 07, or even why the 240 siren song got you to buy even with a GT-3 in the stable.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Looks like he bought a 240, as opposed to buying an 07 Exige S, which would make sense since he already had and sold an Exige S.

OT, but Stephen, it would be cool to hear your comparison of the 240 to the 07, or even why the 240 siren song got you to buy even with a GT-3 in the stable.
I can do that, but I might want to start a whole new thread on why I made each choice and what the differences are.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts