The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I recently swapped my 07 exige s to an MY09 NA evora. I really miss my exige and to make matters worse, I just noticed that the right side rear tail lights are out. The left side is ok.

What puzzles me is that the brake lights all come on fine when I step on the brake pedal. It looks like the tail and brake light bulbs are the same - they just shine brighter when we brake.

I checked the harness leads and there was no sign of corrosion. Looked at the owners manual and saw that there was no separate fuse for brake and tail lights so i'm assuming it's fuse C3. That said, i reckon the fuse is ok since the brake lights work?

I was wondering if anyone's had any similar experiences and could kindly offer some pointers to fix this problem? Thanks in advance :bow:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I know this was somewhat common with the LED taillights, there is a thread on repairing them yourself, or you can get them from lotus or DeRoure but they are not cheap.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Both my left and right ones have been replaced by the dealer in the last year. they seem to go out in banks of 4 LEDs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I was just wondering does it even make sense that the tail lights are out but the brake lights are ok?

I saw that DIY thread and am afraid its above my skill or patience levels

I also saw the other threads in LT about similar issues with the tail lights. Just wondering if their brake lights went out as well?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wiring problem...

Thanks all for your feedback. Took it to the dealer today and found out that it's not the taillight but an electrical problem. Possibly a bad wire but they didn't have the time to help me trace the fault.

And I feel stupid typing this... But in the interest of sharing, the bulbs on the brake and tail lights are different!

I've searched the internet for the wiring diagrams without any results. If anyone knows where I can find one, will appreciate the head start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts