The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you quote a message, you see the "post number". I just noticed that that number passed 1000000... and it didn't break anything ;)

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
If you quote a message, you see the "post number". I just noticed that that number passed 1000000... and it didn't break anything ;)
Here's what I see as of right now:
Threads: 53,717, Posts: 964,565, Members: 12,682

However you are probably seeing the "hidden", "removed" and / or "censored" total posts.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's what I see as of right now:
Threads: 53,717, Posts: 964,565, Members: 12,682

However you are probably seeing the "hidden", "removed" and / or "censored" total posts.
Having gone through "housecleaning" and removing about 10,000 old email messages a few years go, I have some idea how much work is involved to remove 35,435 unwanted/unneeded items... even when it's done over a period of a few years!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We're getting very close to 1,000,000 posts.

My current projections are that we'll hit that number between 6/21 AM PDT and 6/23 AM PDT.

From an earlier thread started by Randy Chase, a number of people submitted their guesses when this would occur. The two who currently appear to have the best guesses are...

21....PM.....espritv8
23....PM.....slaughtr

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
or...did Roaddad or Swede win? Shouldn't removed posts count, as it becomes subjective and non-random otherwise.

Edit to add: Another possibility is that I need to get a life. :)

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Post # is the post ID in the database. The ID # of deleted posts is persistent, so the incremental ID will always be greater than the actual post count. Also, posts in hidden forums (like Moderator discussion, etc.) are given IDs, but don't get tallied into the post count, either.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Post # is the post ID in the database. The ID # of deleted posts is persistent, so the incremental ID will always be greater than the actual post count. Also, posts in hidden forums (like Moderator discussion, etc.) are given IDs, but don't get tallied into the post count, either.
So? :p

I still won ;).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts