The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from another forum, this is now available if anyone needs to scratch that itch a bit...

... $24.95 + shipping.

Available in Laser Blue, Lightning Yellow, Ardent Red from http://www.exoticar.com (just type "Lotus" in the keyword search - much easier than scrolling through)

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Awesome!

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I ordered two (blue and red), but then got two emails saying they're backordered! I had a feeling I'd see that, I've had horrible luck with Exoticar in the past. :-(

·
Registered
125 Posts
My GF bought me a 1:18 "Chrono" model of a Blue '96 111S from Pic-N-Save last xmas for $10. :) A mini-sized Mr. Potato Head is the lucky driver.

Right next to the Elise is a '67 GTO. That Lotus sure looks shrimpy.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I ordered two also (yellow and red) [that makes orange right :) ] Mine are on back order also :(
I'm waiting at leatst a year for the real thing, I suppose I can wait 2-4 weeks for the model, although my hands are shaking a bit :) I need a fix soon. Spending 3 days doing DE at LVIR with my Boxster so that should help...

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Has anyone actually received any of these models yet? Thought I'd check, as I've had horrible luck with Exoticar in the past when it comes to backorders (stock would come in and they'd never ship!).

·
Registered
61 Posts
i ordered mine in yellow, just like the color i will hopefully be getting.

I have also thought about getting one of those little remote control cars of the elise, but i am not sure, i want to save a pretty large down payment so i dont have much a loan.

jeremy

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I got them! My credit card was charged on May 28th, and they arrived today via UPS 2-day delivery (one, two, three, umm...oh well). One blue, one red. The quality is typical for models of this price. Also, the included hardtop is in *black*, not the body color (well, I guess that'd be a soft top then!).

I opened the engine cover, and guess what? It has Mazda four cylinder in there, so I guess that puts an end to the engine rumors! Ok, not really, I'm just kidding. But I DID have to look, just in case... ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts