The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
insert clever title here
Joined
·
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exoticar has a new Elise for sale - a 1/18 scale Type 49 Heritage Edition for $29.95. Go to their website and search for item 98035.



Let the buying frenzy begin. ;)


(I have no affiliation with this company. Actually, I don't like them; I've had bad experience with them in the past, but since they carry the Elise models I've forgiven them.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,955 Posts
I bought one when they had a booth set up at the Barrett Jackson auction in Palm Beach a few weeks ago. They had about 100 differant types of models and it was the only Elise that they had. It is made by Jadi

I dont know if the roof is supposed to be removable, but I played around with it and it snapped off.

The steering wheel turns and makes the wheels move, the doors and the trunk also open. It has very good detail. I had an ardent red one on backorder since Christmas with exoticar and they never returned my emails, so I finally called and cancelled. Then I found out they have a retail store a few miles away, about a 3 blocks away from the Lotus dealer. Their catalogue only shows the yellow one now.

Lotus used to have ones that you could order from the parts department in red, blue or yellow, but Clyde told the dealership they were out of them. The dealer said they want to have some on hand since purchasers will probably want them.

Some other compnies also make them but they say future release in 2004 on the website below. Maybe they are waiting for the Lotus official website store to open :rolleyes: Sorry Nazz ;)

Heres a site to check for model cars:

Model cars


Heres a link to the Lightning Yellow, with an Ardent Red in the background. The yellow is about $5 less, maybe type 49 is a extra cost lifestyle color:confused:

Yellow Jadi model
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,154 Posts
I bought the lightning yellow one from Exoticar several months ago. No problems - it arrived very quickly and has been sitting on my desk at home.

They sent me a new catalogue a few days ago, but I didn't look to see what they are offering these days.

The black plastic top, meant to represent the soft top, is removable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,374 Posts
Do they have a Chrome Orang one? I want one like my car for my desk at work...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,374 Posts
I always wonder every time I see one of your posts... Anybody else ever notice Emma in your picture?:cool:

Tim Mullen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,577 Posts
TimMullen said:
I always wonder every time I see one of your posts... Anybody else ever notice Emma in your picture?:cool:

Tim Mullen
I always have, but I also watched the entire Emma Peel Avengers box set on DVD in about a week...

~Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,154 Posts
Good eyes, Tim and Paul. I figured she was too small to be noticeable to most people.

I was about 13 when the series first hit the US and vividly recall being captivated by Emma Peel, especially her outfits. I too have the Avenger DVDs with the Diana Rigg years, but I'm watching them at a slow pace to savor them. Ditto with Monty Python. Most of this stuff holds up surprisingly well, although I still don't get some of the Python jokes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
xxxotic said:
Maybe they are waiting for the Lotus official website store to open :rolleyes: Sorry Nazz ;)
Don't worry about it. There's no need to apologize to me. I had no control over the store opening. :)

Very nice models at Exoticar, I've purchased many from them. If you guys haven't seen the yellow or red Elise S2 model, it's very nice. I have the red one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,244 Posts
Funny, I just got the Type 49 red over white from Exoticar in today's mail - I had the turkey crap yellow car already because they didn't have a red one until just recently. The red car is BEAUTIFUL! Great paint job, nice reflection on the paint. It's the exact same casting apparently as the yellow car but has a hard top. I'm sure glad I ordered Ardent! I do look like a moron sitting there with my cars going Vroooom, Vroooom but who cares? I'd say everyone on this Forum understands. By the way - DO order these models - very much worth the money! (Vrooooooooooooom!!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,253 Posts
jml1952 said:
I bought the lightning yellow one from Exoticar several months ago. No problems - it arrived very quickly and has been sitting on my desk at home.

They sent me a new catalogue a few days ago, but I didn't look to see what they are offering these days.

The black plastic top, meant to represent the soft top, is removable.
I order a Yellow Elise in Feb, 2004 and got an email back saying they were out of stock. I haven't been able to find one since! :(

Neil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,154 Posts
Little Bastard said:
I order a Yellow Elise in Feb, 2004 and got an email back saying they were out of stock. I haven't been able to find one since! :(

Neil
Mine is available for a $10,000 mark-up. And I'm not just selling no stinking spot on a waiting list, you get the actual car. No tax or license fees. Like new, less than 1 mile on the odometer (only driven by owner during periods of extreme boredom).

Of course, it's less than 8 inches long.

I'll throw in the black one that I have for free. Chrono model, European version with metal roll bar across the back. A friend bought it in Mexico for me early last year, hoping to curry favor so that he can drive my car (undecided) or go for a ride (definitely).

Price is non-negotiable (not really, I would take a little less). Will consider trade for good spot on waiting list (COM need not apply).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,253 Posts
jml1952 said:
Mine is available for a $10,000 mark-up. And I'm not just selling no stinking spot on a waiting list, you get the actual car. No tax or license fees. Like new, less than 1 mile on the odometer (only driven by owner during periods of extreme boredom).

Of course, it's less than 8 inches long.

I'll throw in the black one that I have for free. Chrono model, European version with metal roll bar across the back. A friend bought it in Mexico for me early last year, hoping to curry favor so that he can drive my car (undecided) or go for a ride (definitely).

Price is non-negotiable (not really, I would take a little less). Will consider trade for good spot on waiting list (COM need not apply).
LOL! You should sell it on Ebay, start bidding at $10,000. :D

Neil
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top