The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FOR SALE: Number 1 of 20 ever hand-built 1991 Lotus Esprit Turbo SE. This car was designed and built by Lotus to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Jim Clarks Indianapolis 500 victory in 1965. (As someone pointed out, Lotus chose to issue this car as a 1991 model, 26 years after his win, not 25 years....oh well! At least it was built in November of 1990 so, close!

I am assisting a friend of mine in selling this Lotus Esprit. I have the vehicle listed on Ebay and elsewhere currently however, the owner has asked that I do all that I can to make the Lotus community aware that this vehicle is being made available. This car has had 2 owners since new. For more details and photos than I am able to provide here, please view the live ebay auction. The ebay item number is 190724766366. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. The first owner was a Doctor who practices in Towson Maryland. His first name is David but his last name is not Yohn.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a post on this thread was deleted?

Yesterday, a member responded to this thread who had owned #16 of 20 however, your post was removed for some reason?.......I have a question for you, if you would, please email or PM me with an email address for you please. I just have a quick question.

I am obviously new to this site. There were a couple posts on this thread that appear to have been removed......There was nothing in either post that was derogatory or that would have broken site policy from what I can tell; is anyone able to provide insight as to why those couple posts may have been removed?.....presumably by an administrator? Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to help answer this and/or put me in touch with the member who used to own Jim Clark #16.

Thank you!
-Lee

·
'94 S4
238 Posts
Yesterday, a member responded to this thread who had owned #16 of 20 however, your post was removed for some reason?.......I have a question for you, if you would, please email or PM me with an email address for you please. I just have a quick question.

I am obviously new to this site. There were a couple posts on this thread that appear to have been removed......There was nothing in either post that was derogatory or that would have broken site policy from what I can tell; is anyone able to provide insight as to why those couple posts may have been removed?.....presumably by an administrator? Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to help answer this and/or put me in touch with the member who used to own Jim Clark #16.

Thank you!
-Lee
Maybe you are referring to the posts in the Lotus Esprit forum (http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f164/rare-find-ebay-119636/) about this car?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe you are referring to the posts in the Lotus Esprit forum (http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f164/rare-find-ebay-119636/) about this car?
Thank you E-Spree! Here is a great deal more important information about the service history on the car:

I was able to obtain all service records from August of 1998 through September 2010. I am not sure if I will be able to obtain any other records beyond that date however; I did find an article online where someone contacted Lotus directly and they provided all records for work performed while the vehicle was under warranty. I'm not sure if this is still the case today.

Here is a summary of the service records I have on the car:

Sept. 2010 - Scheduled maintenance service, change oil and filter, top up fluids, general check over, replaced spark plugs replaced and air filter.

July 2007 - IMajor service performed: The service record lists the following:

The water pump was leaking and there was some seeping at the charge cooler. Engine dismantled to access rear cam tower seals and replace. Water pump was removed for rebuilding. Timing belt was removed. Water pump was refit to engine. Charge Cooler pump was removed, dismantled and inspected. rear cam tower covers were resealed.Charge Cooler pump was rebuilt. new timing belt was fit and adjusted. Charge Cooler pump was fitted. required engine reassembly was performed.Coolant refilled. Misc fuel hoses and clamps were replaced. Oil change and filter. Vehicle was road-tested, etc. In total, the AC and timing belts along with one other belt were replaced along with 2 O-rings, a water pump rebuild kit and Charge Cooler pump repair kit. The total bill for parts and labor was $3,173.00 Mileage listed as 36,888 at time of these repairs.

April 2004 - The fuel tank vent tube was replaced. Fluid levels checked.

(Since these documents were faxed to me, many of the service records after this date are not very legible. I will request the originals from the repair facility and pass those on to the new owner.)

September 2000 - Freon was recharged, a fuel filter was replaced and it looks like the ECM was replaced.

August 1999 - 4 tires were replaced. Alignment performed.

May 1999 - Ball joints and shocks replaced.

The next few are barely legible however, the repair costs were minimal so it does appear that any major work was was performed during this time. There were 11 service records retrieved in total dating from August 1998- September 2010.

There are also 3 entries in the "maintenance record" section of the owners manual. The 1500 mile service was performed on January 26, 1993, an "A" service performed at 6,192 miles on 10/18/1993 and a "B" service performed at 11,099 miles on 7/15/1994. All three of these were performed and stamped by the dealer where the vehicle was purchased.

It appears that both owners stayed on top of any required maintenance as well as addressing any other issues that came up. The first owner is a local Doctor and the current owner is a local businessman. My point simply being that both of them had the financial means to afford the sometimes costly repairs that arose over the years.

That is the information currently available regarding the service history. I hope that helps. Let me know if anyone has any further questions. PM or email is best as I work around loud equipment which makes it difficult for me to hear my phone. If phone is best for you, email or pm me with a request for my phone number as I'd prefer not to list it here. Thank you.

Regards,
Lee Dearborn

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
asking price

was $34,995 obo, now reduced to $32,995 obo. There is an ad for the item here and it is listed on Ebay as well. Thank you for your interest. Let me know if you have any other questions!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
For Sale ad

No ad listed here and cannot find on Ebay. Please post link.
This is the Lotus cars for sale section.....

There is further discussion this car on this site under the "Lotus Esprit" section of lotustalk and, here is a link to the Ebay auction. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your interest in this unique Esprit!

Lotus : Esprit Turbo SE Coupe 2-Door in Lotus | eBay Motors

If you have any trouble with this link, go to ebay.com and type the following item number into the search field:

Thanks again.

Regards,
Lee

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
update on for sale listing/ status

Thanks again to everyone who has expressed interest in this car. The car is at a local repair facility where a pre-purchase inspection is being perfomed. A few interested parties plan on viewing the car when it comes out of the shop. If an offer is not accepted, it will be relisted on ebay and I will continue to update the status here as well. Please continue to ask any questions you may have. Thank you once again.

Regards,
Lee

P.S. The details of the status of the replica wheel are still not confirmed. I will respond to those questions here as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The car was taken to the shop last weekend to have a pre-purchase inspection performed. It look far longer than expected to get this done....in fact it is still not 100% done:(

At any rate, I should have the car back in my hands in a few days at which time I need to reach out to the 4-5 people who have asked to come see the car in person. If no sale price is agreed upon by any of those that have expressed interest, it will be relisted here, ebay, and Lotus for sale, etc. Thanks for your inquiry. Let me know if you have any further questions.

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,688 Posts
Dave's is #7. We use to joke with him that he was a spy and it was fitting that he had 007.

#7 is staying in the family and will be going to his daughter, Jennifer.
Hope all is well with you & yours, Barry. I had been keeping an eye on this thread.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dave's is #7. We use to joke with him that he was a spy and it was fitting that he had 007.

#7 is staying in the family and will be going to his daughter, Jennifer.
That is wonderful news!! For those who have been viewing this thread, we are discussing a possible rare photo-op / reunion for #01 & #07....the resulting photos of which will be posted here for all to enjoy if ok with Davids' daughter!!.....stay tuned! :)

Also, I want to let everyone know that JC #01 is back in my hands after having gone in for a pre-purchase inspection. The owner and I decided to have this done to be able to accurately convey the details of this cars current condition to anyone who may be interested in owning it. We thought this would be appreciated versus someone just taking our word for it.

The thorough inspection was performed by the SAME SHOP and SAME TECHNICIAN who has worked on the car exclusively over the last 20+ years for both owners of the car! Aside from a couple minor sorting issues, (brake accumulator and master cylinder were replaced) it received a clean bill of health and is being re-listed on Ebay this evening. The details of the inspection will be posted in the description of the auction. We have decided to run a 10-day, "Auction-Style" listing this time around as opposed to the "Buy-it-Now" listing method that was used when I listed it initially a couple of weeks ago so, check it out on ebay after 9PM EST tonight!

I believe I have followed up with the few people who had asked to see the car once it came out of the shop. If I have not responded to anyone here, please PM or email me with any questions and I will respond ASAP. Thank you.

-Lee

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
New Price

Now asking $23,995 obo. Currently re-listed on ebay as well. Pre-Purchase Inspection performed....car is ready for a new home!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts