The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I didn't think we would end up getting one of these but I guess somehow we did.

(shipping spacers are still in the suspension which is why the car looks so "high")

The orange is a little bit darker than CO as you can see in comparison:

I love it. Opinions?

From what I'm told this is one of 50 in the united states.

·
Registered
736 Posts
^ They painted it orange :p

Pretty sad attempt at a limited edition. Only 200 made?...What's the big deal? The only differences are that it has carbon front splitters, carbon rear spoiler, lighter muffler, and small seat and steering wheel changes. Ohh......and the paint job with 'special' plaque and decals. No performance changes at all.
I'm sure one could add these changes him/herself for less than what BMW wants for one.
They call it a celebration of the relationship between BMW and the LimeRock Track. I think they were smokin too much pot during that celebration and forgot to add more stuff.
They say "Less is More," but this is too 'less', IMO.

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah not too much difference from the normal m3, just the rarity factor I guess. I don't think they will have any problem selling it though.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I don't follow BMW's models too much. Are all orange M3's special edition? Just curious because I saw one just like that recently on the road.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
It's like the special edition Lotus cars. Special color and stickers. But here at least you get some CF bits, too.
Good work, sir. Keep the shiny side up!

·
Registered
708 Posts
I saw those at Lime Rock for the Grand Am races last month. Not a fan of the orange on the car. Oh.....and the only "real" M3's were in the US as model years 88-91. (mine was a white 90/black interior. I should have kept it)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts