The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

#1 on the list

3K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  andykeck 
#1 ·
Being that the situation is the way it is for the Elise...I would like to be #1 on the used Elise list when people decide to sell their car used. Just keep me in mind...I'm at least a year out from being in the position to purchase one, but I figured I should start my search for a used one now!

#2 ·
no problem. Just send me the $1000 deposit (non-refundable of course) and you are on my list....:D

#8 ·
brilliant idea....I bet you could sell the right to buy it at a fixed price at a set date in the future....:D

#10 ·
I guess we are all so excited it is hard not to be premature.....

#12 ·
jml1952 said:
Until Lotus actually delivers a car, seems a bit premature to worry about used cars. ;)
****, people were worrying about buying new cars 5 years before they were built (and are still not built). Mostly sarcasm, but I might as well put my name out there for a used one now! Looks like I have some deposits to send out! :p

#13 ·
Here's a plan:

Let someone place a deposit to buy my used Elise. Say it won't be available until April '05. When late December rolls around, change the date to "late May/early June," and raise the price a little.

Then don't talk to the buyer from this point forward; instead, tell any updates to a friend of a friend of the buyer. In May, change the date to August. In June, change the date to September. Keep delaying every month thereafter...

:p

#14 ·
and I forgot.....I will not deliver my car used until all used cars are available to be delivered together:D

#15 ·
adamant said:
Sorry but I am NEVER selling mine, ever:D
Same here. I don't ever intend to sell it. And my kids are already planning on inheriting it.

But if someone insists on sending me a $1,000 deposit, I'll be happy to take it, given the conditions listed above. ;) ;)

Tim Mullen

#17 ·
I see you are located in Bremerton, WA. You may just want to get on....or should I say create that list at Park Place in Bellevue. I know they have a right of first refusal (at original MSRP) on anyone selling thier elise the first year who may have had the allusion of turning a quick buck. They evidently are making that part of thier sales contract at purchase. There was a previous thread on that under the heading (Park Place).
You're an aspiring attorney and could probably go round and round with them regarding the right of first refusal clause, however in this case it may be a benefit to you.

#21 ·
Donovan said:
Is Camas down by Washougal? Where do you have your deposit? What number?
Yes, Camas is right next to Washougal and across the river from Portland. My deposit is at Desert European(#48) in Rancho Mirage cause PP's list was so long. Since Tonkin isnt going to be a dealer, Im kinda screwed...:)

#22 ·
SSflanker7 said:
I see you are located in Bremerton, WA. You may just want to get on....or should I say create that list at Park Place in Bellevue. I know they have a right of first refusal (at original MSRP) on anyone selling thier elise the first year who may have had the allusion of turning a quick buck. They evidently are making that part of thier sales contract at purchase. There was a previous thread on that under the heading (Park Place).
You're an aspiring attorney and could probably go round and round with them regarding the right of first refusal clause, however in this case it may be a benefit to you.
Yeah, I moved here only a month ago with my wife from Wisconsin. She is from Washington and suckered me into moving out here. Now I have to take the damn Washington state bar exam at the end of July, which I should be studying for right now. Oh yeah, and find a job. So, while getting on the list may not be a bag idea, it just isn't feasible. That's why I'm buying used! :) :( :D

#23 ·
andykeck said:
One of these days we'll need to divide up our territories. You know, to make sure we're not seen together. I figure that would be like showing up to a party in the same dress as the host.

I would like Issaquah-Fall City road all to myself, please.
I'll take HWY-7 up to Mt. Rainier thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.