The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are 10 Exiges for sale at Newport Coast Auto and several rare special edition Elise. Some of them are not listed on the website, but will be in a week or two. If you are looking, please head in. This is an historic event, to have 10 Exiges for sale with as rare and hard to find as they are. All of these Lotus's services are up to date, inspected, unmodified / lightly modified and well maintained. Walk into Newport Coast Auto and you'll feel like Lotus was in full production again, selling them new at dealerships. Newport Coast Auto | Pre-owned Dealer | Costa Mesa, California

Krypton Green - 2006 Exige
Phantom Black - 2006 Exige
Storm Titanium - 2007 Exige S220
Solar Yellow - 2007 Exige S220
Isotope Green - 2008 Exige S240
Persian Blue - 2008 Exige S240
Canyon Red - 2008 Exige S240
Matte Black - 2011 Exige S260 Final Edition
Aspen White - 2011 Exige S260 Final Edition Roger Becker

·
Registered
978 Posts
Are these cars really selling at or near these asking prices?

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All of the Exiges are recently acquired, and still being put on their website. They usually sell out during spring. Last year they had quite a few too. :cool: Prices are generally firm. Newport Coast Auto does put a lot of time and money to make sure that every car is up to snuff on service and things that need to be done.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Reminiscent of walking into Criswell Lotus when the 05's were new...seeing a couple of Elise's in the showroom, and 20 or more lined up on the lot.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I live in the area and can confirm some of these cars have been sitting for a while and by a while, I mean a year+. For being in arguably the largest sport's car market in the world (i.e., So Cal), I'd say they are slightly out of touch on what the market will bare. Oh, and as far as seasonal movement, our Spring is pretty much 320 out of 365 days a year. It's 82 degrees today in Irvine!

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Their prices are optimistic to put it lightly.

If you're in the market for the Persian Blue - 2008 Exige S240 you would be best served searching this forum for history on it. There have been many discussions regarding this car trading hands 3 times since last July(ish) in the high 50s each time. 70k is nice profit margin for Newport!

BTW: I do not mean to imply there is anything wrong with the car. I was actually considering buying it and went in a different direction instead.

·
craigyirush
1,534 Posts
I was there yesterday test driving the '10 Evora.

What a wonderful sight it was to see all those Exiges in one place, including rare special editions.

Salesman told me the owner loves Exiges. They also have the last (#50) of the '06 Elise sports.

There's also a place down the street filled with classic Minis, and another with early 911s. Plus European Collectibles is a mile away.

·
Registered
139 Posts
They generally ask above top dollar - i cant imagine any educated buyer walks in and pays full price. Thats definitely why they have so many.
When I was looking, they were asking 8-10k+ what anyone on the forums were. Not sure about the work they put into their cars so i cant speak to that, but for any potential buyer I have spoken to them and they feel due to their location (being a wealthier area) they were not budging from their asking price. This was at a time they only had one or two. Now that they have so many, maybe they will be more lenient.
Just looked: If someone wants to give me 63k for my 8k mile exige s, id sell lol what a joke.

·
Terry
2,189 Posts
I remember a year ago they picked up this $42k Evora in PA, gave it a wash and maintenance update and sold it for $57k. i assume their target isn't Lotustalk people since we are all aware of current market price of these cars. Advertising it on LT probably won't help moving their inventory.

·
He's on fire!
3,137 Posts
Even back when I was looking in the good ol days they were always on the high end. Definitely have some nice inventory... as a business it makes sense to take the De Beers approach to a niche market.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
6,937 Posts
I just saw they are closed. Any idea if they still had some Exiges around or where they went?
The Exige numbers are very small compared to the Elise. You won't find a "stash" of them on a dealer's lot.

I picked up a forum member at LAX a few months ago to purchase an S240 Exige here. We took care of the purchase, had lunch and I dropped him off at LAX. He was from the East Coast.

I've helped a few here to purchase an Exige. If I can help, let me know.

It isn't unusual to have to travel for the right Lotus, no matter what model you're looking for.

San

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks San... I had a tiny spark of an interest in a stock S240.. but figured they were close enough to go look.. If I get serious, I'll let you know! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts