The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear clam was way easier to take off than I thought. Instructions are great with a few exceptions. Just things that are specific to the 06 cars / Exige have slowed me down.

Step 115 confuses me. Right in the middle of the Alternator instructions it has me bolt a bracket to the S/C and then looks like it has me install it on to the engine. I bolted the bracked but am holding off till step 137 to put it on.

My back is super sore and I started kicking things over in the garage while moving the clam so I decided that was a good time to call it quits for the day.

Should be able to finish the install tomorrow if all goes well. Mailed the ECU off tonight so it should be ready to drive on Friday.

I was going to live blog the whole install, but once I start something I need to keep going without taking breaks, even for food.

Will follow up again tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
very nice:clap::clap:

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Good Grief Man! You're going to scare people away from doing their own installs with pics like that:eek:... Reminds me of watching those TV shows about plastic surgery when they show the actual surgery... Somethings are far better off without the procedure pics and just show the finished product---especially the particularly gory, open cavity procedures with bits scattered all about-eek--poke-:D:D

Cheers,

Phil

PS- For the thin skinned- The above should be read with some degree of sarcasm...*some* degree;)

PSS- Congrats on the blower!:shift:

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha ignore the background, there is a move underway as well. If you're mechanically inclined at all it's pretty simple. Just time consuming. I have every bolt taken off taped and labeled with the step number and location.

·
Vendor
3,273 Posts
Let me remind the Lotus community that the kit does NOT require the clam to be removed! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Fred is totally correct! My buddy and I installed the kit with the calm on. Wasn't that bad, makes it a little more tricky in some spots but nothing too crazy. We were able to get to everything without a problem.

BTW, step 115 is out of sequence.

Dave

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Oh boy, look at what fantastic access you have to the exhaust manifold with the clam off. I'd R&R the thing just for fun! Seriously though, now would be THE time to do an exhaust header or FF engine damper install if you are ever planning to do so.

I'd have a tough time sleeping I'd be so excited. Looks as if Friday will be a ton o fun for you.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Wholly shiat!..... I couldn't work in a garage like that. Props for doing your own install... the ONLY way to do it IMO.

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wholly shiat!..... I couldn't work in a garage like that. Props for doing your own install... the ONLY way to do it IMO.
Seriously, Women have no respect for Garages. I spent 3 weeks painting and cleaning the garage so I could use it. And look at it now. It's a disaster. Filled with crap that should be thrown away.

I wanted to take the clam off just to do it. Next time I could probably have it off in 90 mins.

Back to the grind. The next photos should be a lot cleaner.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Wow Alex...keep up the good work.

Enjoy the garage space - there are many days I wish I had one.

If you need a hand let me know.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts