The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These are just ten random thoughts I had today while I was driving around enjoying the weather...

10. I feel like a jackass going through a drive thru in the Elise.

9. When I see a road sign that suggests going slow due to a winding road, I usually speed up.

8. People really do think this car is worth $250,000 and they have no problem at all asking how much you paid.

7. The seats in the 05's really are uncomfortable.

6. It feels like Christmas morning as a kid every time the temperature light comes on and I can use the second cam.

5. The back end of the Elise might be the best looking back end I have ever seen on a car.

4. Its really not that hard to get in and out.

3. People actually take pictures of other cars while they are driving their own car.

2. I love tunnels.

1. The car draws way more attention than I ever imagined.

What did I miss? Anybody have anything to add?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I have one,

Understeer is simply UNACCEPTABLE, and the Lotus was designed to understeer. Lotus engineers need to go back to school.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
Owning a Lotus has turned into a lifestyle choice rather than considering it a platform to build and tune power out of.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I have one,

Understeer is simply UNACCEPTABLE, and the Lotus was designed to understeer. Lotus engineers need to go back to school.
Yeah.....what does Lotus know about handling???

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Im sorry....you should try OWNING a Lotus before making comments on them...

Also, look at your MOD list "AEM Cold Air Intake, TWM Short Shifter".... rotfl

Owning a Lotus has turned into a lifestyle choice rather than considering it a platform to build and tune power out of.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
Im sorry....you should try OWNING a Lotus before making comments on them...

Also, look at your MOD list "AEM Cold Air Intake, TWM Short Shifter".... rotfl
I wonder how many 190+ whp NA dyno graphs are here versus the 2zz powered Toyota econoboxes...

In any case, when my buddy gets the new M3 in the Fall (finally), I'll be getting his AEM Cold Air Intake/Boosted2.0 Ported Header/TRD Exhaust/10 PSI/Emanage Ultimate Tuned/TRD Shocks/TRD Springs setup by the end of Summer, along with his street tune and him teaching me how to keep the fuel trims in check. As far as bang for the buck is concerned, this is why I've been waiting for almost two years to mod my car again power wise. It doesn't get any better than to not have to spend money for everything new, hunt down used parts and pay shipping, or have to spend money for a tune. I might be good for 240 whp, or even more if I swap out to the PPE race header and Injen CAI.

And how much power are you putting down again?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
How many times are you going to talk about the crap you are going to do to you car?? or talk about how cool all your friends cars are?? WHO CARES, this is a LOTUS site, not a CELICA site, go talk about your car on another site (or in the off topic section of this site)

Not everyone on here cares about getting 400-500HP out of their car...I dont care how much power my car puts down...its enough for me...and im sure you are not that great of a driver that you can properly drive a car with that much power....

I wonder how many 190+ whp NA dyno graphs are here versus the 2zz powered Toyota econoboxes...

In any case, when my buddy gets the new M3 in the Fall (finally), I'll be getting his AEM Cold Air Intake/Boosted2.0 Ported Header/TRD Exhaust/10 PSI/Emanage Ultimate Tuned/TRD Shocks/TRD Springs setup by the end of Summer, along with his street tune and him teaching me how to keep the fuel trims in check. As far as bang for the buck is concerned, this is why I've been waiting for almost two years to mod my car again power wise. It doesn't get any better than to not have to spend money for everything new, hunt down used parts and pay shipping, or have to spend money for a tune. I might be good for 240 whp, or even more if I swap out to the PPE race header and Injen CAI.

And how much power are you putting down again?

·
Registered
361 Posts
ahhh, hp arguements this is awesome, feels like being back on the SVT boards all over again. GTS my last car came in at 540/560 what do i win?

·
Premium Member
11,717 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I bet if you compared the ratio of GTS owners who modded their vehicles versus Lotus owners who modded their vehicles you would have a higher percentage of Lotus owners who added performance modifications. The reality is a bunch of GTS owners just bought a sporty Toyota...many more Lotus owners track their vehicles than GTS owners hands down. And in case if anyone cares I am in a place to talk because I owned a heavily modded GTS before purchasing the Elise. We don't come to a GTS site to hate and you shouldn't come here and talk smack. :no:
To end the thread hijack...g to the sauce - great list! Especially # 2 and 9.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
1,228 Posts
ahhh, hp arguements this is awesome, feels like being back on the SVT boards all over again. GTS my last car came in at 540/560 what do i win?
Egh, I just wanted to make a point.

If nobody wanted more hp, then nobody would have traded up for an Exige S. :rolleyes:

God forbid more hp does something as stupid as lower track times :eek:

rotfl

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
These are just ten random thoughts I had today while I was driving around enjoying the weather...

10. I feel like a jackass going through a drive thru in the Elise.

9. When I see a road sign that suggests going slow due to a winding road, I usually speed up.

8. People really do think this car is worth $250,000 and they have no problem at all asking how much you paid.

7. The seats in the 05's really are uncomfortable.

6. It feels like Christmas morning as a kid every time the temperature light comes on and I can use the second cam.

5. The back end of the Elise might be the best looking back end I have ever seen on a car.

4. Its really not that hard to get in and out.

3. People actually take pictures of other cars while they are driving their own car.

2. I love tunnels.

1. The car draws way more attention than I ever imagined.

What did I miss? Anybody have anything to add?
GREAT LIST all are very true LOL :clap:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Err...reading that again...

A performance car isn't just about horsepower. This is true of track cars, drag cars and rally cars. To name a few :)

This doesn't mean that horsepower isn't important, but other factors are, perhaps, more important.

I'm sure the percentage of Lotus owners who track their cars is much higher than the owners of Celicas, even if you narrow it down to Celica owners who mod their car.

Speculation on my part, but I'm pretty certain of it.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts