The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’d have never imagined to cross this milestone when I got my Elise but I do enjoy driving it far too much.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Congrats! Celebrate with an oil change, Mobil 1 oil filter and a FilterMag. 1997 Esprit here, just turned 51,000.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Super cool

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@David Craig You are my hero!!!!
I feel like a baby!!! Congrats!
Never heard of anyone with so many miles.

I was thinking to open a pool and see how many people are above 100,000 miles but i do not know how to put it up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
On the Elise, an '05 original owner, I'm up to 135,000 miles. On the '03 Esprit I am at 99,250 miles. Pretty soon both of them will be over the 100K mark. Would like to get them both to 200,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Just pure awesomeness!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
@David Craig You are my hero!!!!
I feel like a baby!!! Congrats!
Never heard of anyone with so many miles.

I was thinking to open a pool and see how many people are above 100,000 miles but i do not know how to put it up.
I'm at around 269,000 km after 10 1/2 years. I can see that I'll pass 300,000 km in perhaps 18 months. I had a 1984 Corolla that I pushed beyond 400,000 km. Hopefully my Elise will top that some day.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Passed 100k in Jan 2019. Just under 107k now. Clutch went out in Oct and just sitting in the garage since. Installing ACT clutch. Along with leaking head gasket I think some valves were bent. So I put on a JCR head, arp studs, and cometic head gasket. Hoping to get it running this weekend.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Clicked 100,000 miles on my 2005 Elise yesterday :) I have now driven the car from San Francisco to Ft Lauderdale by way of Kansas City and Chicago. Got it couple years ago with 54,000 - replaced beltsand all fluids and plugs when I bought it -- since then have done nothing but oil changes and put in better radiator to deal with summer FL temps and replaced the tie-rods and ball joints in the front. Going to do plugs and brake pads in coming weeks and time for front bushings. Had a new clutch when I bought it -- still feels the same as when I got it -- no problems.
Lotus did us right by putting the Toyota motors in these things.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I had some tie rods and bushings replaced too at about 200,000 km. Glad to hear that is normal for higher mileage cars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts