The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Go to Crosby which is located off Fairmont just south of Friars, east of Kaiser.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Go to Crosby which is located off Fairmont just south of Friars, east of Kaiser.
I couldn't find a likely match for "Crosby" in the online yellow pages in San Diego. Is this a gas station, a petroleum product supplier, a race shop, or something like that? Do you have a more complete name?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Cosby Oil. They're a fleet gas station. You'd need their card to get it from the pump, but can get it in cans or drums or they will fill your container. Last I got fuel from them, they had 76 100 octane and Trick 101 octane. That was many years ago and the price was ~$5.50/gallon. It's probably more now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There are 3 places that I know of but 2 that I have been to myself. The first was Cosby Oil, they let me get 100 Octane w/o the card but I had to get a miniumum or 5 gallons. I believe they might be called Plavan Petroleum now. The second place is a few miles up Villa De La Valle (I think thats how its spelled) right off the 5. The last place I have heard of is right off of the 8 going by the mall in El Cajon. I was told you could see the sign from the 8 that says "Race Gas". I found out about all of these places from AudiWorld.com from when I had my S4, so if you would like confirmation I would just search the archives over there.

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts

supposedly this place is in Pacific Beach

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Sorry for Crosby instead of Cosby. :) I forgot to mention I also get fuel at Cycle Parts West on El Cajon BLVD just west of 805.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
No

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I have also looked around from time to time for Toluene to use as an octane booster. But, I have not found a source in my area. I saw a quart of it at a Frazee paint store once for $19, which is extremely high. You would want to add a gallon per tank of gas to get to about 93 octane equivalent (from 91). I was thinking about it relative to my plans to upgrade to a supercharger in order to add a safety factor during hot weather.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I would think that you could do a google search Union 76 stations, as that's how I found over a dozen in the Los Angeles area.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Please note, the Ochs Oil Company pumps are not equipped with unleaded-style nozzles, so no tanking up directly in any car with a small filler neck (like any modern Lotus). I found this out the hard way after driving all over San Marcos trying to find the place.

The VP Street Blaze available in PB and Rancho Santa Fe fills straight into the tank and is CARB-approved for street use. Price has been stable at a ridiculous $8.99/gal at RSF for the last 2 years. Anyone know the street legal status of the Sunoco fuel? Since the VP is an easy alternative, it hardly seems worth the trouble if it's not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
UNLEADED style nozzles now available...

Ochs Oil Company now has "unleaded style" nozzle's on the race pump in Vista. Feel free to pump directly into your car..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please note, the Ochs Oil Company pumps are not equipped with unleaded-style nozzles, so no tanking up directly in any car with a small filler neck (like any modern Lotus). I found this out the hard way after driving all over San Marcos trying to find the place.

The VP Street Blaze available in PB and Rancho Santa Fe fills straight into the tank and is CARB-approved for street use. Price has been stable at a ridiculous $8.99/gal at RSF for the last 2 years. Anyone know the street legal status of the Sunoco fuel? Since the VP is an easy alternative, it hardly seems worth the trouble if it's not.
The Pump at Ochs Oil is full unleaded-style nozzle. Additionally, the Sunoco 260GT, VP, etc are all CA PHASE III approved gasolines. In fact, at one point, they were all made by Chevron Phillips... Yup, same stuff!

Our price is 7.99 per gallon

1 - 19 of 19 Posts