The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What simple performance enhancements can one make to a lotus elise to increase hp with $1000? Thanks!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Other than track/autocross time, the best mods would be those that lose weight, or teach you or enhance handling. Data acuisition/video for example. Replacing the muffler with a lighter one. Alignments. Tires.

·
Registered
332 Posts
A set of 4 Gram Lights rims can be bought for right around $1000 through Discount Tire. Significant weight loss and unsprung-weight savings, then you can sell your stock rims to get your money back.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Invest this 1000$ carefully and save some more. When you have 5 of those, call S111 or BWR and get a SC. You'll end up with 240hp. That's the way to do it.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Invest it in kart time. More seat time in a kart makes you a better driver overall.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, I may just go with that option, is that covered under warranty? I have a wife that thinks I already spend too much money on toys...I need to be strategic about these types of upgrades! Thanks for the heads up. I think my local dealership offers a similar package for around $8k. Do you think that is paying too much?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oops, this was intended to be in response to you

Invest this 1000$ carefully and save some more. When you have 5 of those, call S111 or BWR and get a SC. You'll end up with 240hp. That's the way to do it.

Yes, I may just go with that option, is that covered under warranty? I have a wife that thinks I already spend too much money on toys...I need to be strategic about these types of upgrades! Thanks for the heads up. I think my local dealership offers a similar package for around $8k. Do you think that is paying too much?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
You posted that after my No2 post and I was like "Noooooooooooooooooooo" :eek: lol Then I saw your next post.. ;)

get some wheels, maybe a muffler and rear eliminator kit, suspension and slowly build the car up. When it goes out of warranty then buy the supercharger kit...

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
No2 wet system... If you want to make Hp and only have 1k then that's about your only choice, but I wouldn't recommend it....

There's a local guy with a NO2 setup in his Elise. I think it is the 75 hp version. He uses it frequently and has had no problems in the 2 years he's had it. The real downside is the $40/week he spends on nitrous.

One nice thing is the fact it comes out easy for SCCA compliance in the SS category.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts