The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I passed the 100K miles this week! To be fair the previous owner logged the first 35K.

I have enjoyed every mile! :shift:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Fantastic!! I thought I was doing well, having put 46K out of 49K on mine!

Use that car. Use it UP! Then get another one. :shift:

Posters are for looking at. Cars are for DRIVING!

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Good Work. Hope I get there like you have.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Awesome....that means I can look forward to at least another 90,000 more miles! woot woot!

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
And you did it in a state with long Winters and a shorter "driving season" if you subscribe to that kind of car preservation theory. My guess is that you do not.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thats way cool. Glad to see proof that someone got there.

I bet these cars can get to 200k, no problem.

Overall, how's the car feel? Are the more rattles or a looser feeling to the car, than when it was younger, or does it still feel "tight".

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Actually there are a bunch over 100k, but it's nice to hear from someone posting it.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Congrats, living the dream :bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes please tell us all the issues you ran into and what kind of maintenance you performed.
I have been very pleased with the reliability and performance.

I had the oil cooler line pop off a fitting and pump the oil all over my cul-de-sac. Thankfully the engine survived but more importantly I wasn't on the track or highway when it happened.

I also had the thermostat stick open and had the guys at Synaptic3 sort that for me.

Most recently I was rear ended while stopped in traffic in Boston. I needed a new rear clam, diffuser, painkillers, and muscle relaxants. Unfortunately the body shop the dealer recommended couldn't match the color properly so I'm driving around a two-tone blue Elise until I can get them to resolve it.

For maintenance I have changed my oil like crazy. Since quite a bit of oil remains in the 20 feet or so of tubing and the oil cooler I change it way more often than any other car. Definitely before each track day of which there have been close to 20.

I also have gone through a lot of tires. Blizzacks (yes!), AD07's, AD048's, Khumo all seasons, Star specs. Lots of pads and a couple sets of rotors.

I hope to get another 100K out of her. If I were to replace her it would likely be with a gently used Evora. So keep yours in top shape for me Plackslayer!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts